Helping Hands from 2008 - Page 12 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old April 21st, 2008, 05:38 AM   #166
New Boot

Here's the thing. I'm probably going to major in editorial journalism for the rest of undergraduate school, as that degree alone will give me numerous options, yet even for this I will need to save up money to pay for (still requiring me to find work in the meantime).

As far as film/video is concerned, I love it. I'm a nervous wreck when not working, and when working, I feel as if I'm an old mariner out at sea. That is why I know that is what I will pursue with life.

The plan is to build up a demo reel while finnishing my undergradute program, and then ultimately go to that grad school so that I can make connections.

That is the biggest thing, as filmmaking is a collaborative art form.

I'm not saying this to be cocky, or snide, or whatever, but I can honestly tell you that I know more about filmmaking than most of the NYU/USC grad school students do by the time that they graduate. However, right now I am sitting in my parents basement finnishing up my english HW that I don't care about, and talking online in a forum with you guys.

No offense, but I much rather be out there making professional independent feature films. The reason why I'm not is because I neither know the right people to get me the work, or the right collaborators to create a great low-budget product with (when I work it has historically been me having to be a slave driver, as I'm the only one on set who has a working knowledge of the tools/techniques neccesary to put together a film).

So therefore, unless someone could either introduce me to Ron Howard, or would want to collaborate on a full-length feature film in the westchester new york area, economically this tends to be the best option.

As well, in regard to those "collaborators". Film school kids tend to be clicky. They will get each other jobs as they know each others work moreso than most other people in the field. Thus, unless you REALLY make a name for yourself independently, chances are you will be best served getting by with a little help from your friends.
Old April 21st, 2008, 05:44 AM   #167
New Boot

Here's thing thing. I'm probably going to major in editorial journalism for the rest of undergraduate school, as that degree alone will give me numerous options, yet even for this I will need to save up money to pay for.

As far as film/video is concerned, I love it. I'm a nervous wreck when not working, and when working, I feel as if I'm an old mariner out at sea. That is why I know that is what I will pursue with life.

The plan is to build up a demo real while finnishing my undergradute program, and then ultimately go to that grad school so that I can make connections.

That is the biggest thing as filmmaking is a collaborative art form.

I'm not saying this to be cocky, or snide, or whatever, but I can honestly tell you that I know more about filmmaking than most of the NYU/USC grad school students do by the time that they graduate. However, right now I am sitting in my parents basement finnishing up my english HW that I don't care about, and talking online in a forum with you guys.

No offense, but I much rather be out there making professional independent films. The reason why I'm not is because I neither know the right people to get me the work, or the right collaborators to create a great low-budget product with (when I work it has historically been me having to be a slave driver, as I'm the only one on set who has a working knowledge of the tools/techniques neccesary to put together a film).

So therefore, unless someone could either introduce me to Ron Howard, or would want to collaborate on a full-length feature film in the westchester new york area, economically this tends to be the best option.

As well, in regard to those "collaborators". Film school kids tend to be clicky. They will get each other jobs as they know each others work more so than most other people in the field. Thus, unless you REALLY make a name for yourself independently, chances are you will be best served getting by with a little help from your friends.
Old April 21st, 2008, 12:37 PM   #168
New Boot

possible feature

wanted to run this by anyone who may be interested. Im in eastern va area. Nothing is concrete or set in stone but im hoping to do my first film(suspense type) this year if all goes as planned. The only thing i have now is a camera and an idea. Wanted to shoot it out to see if anyone may be interested. I realize its hard to say one way or another without details but im looking for future possibilities.
Old April 22nd, 2008, 12:02 AM   #169
New Boot

Looking for Videographer, Editor, Storyteller in Houston, TX

We are looking for a Multimedia Associate who has demonstrated their ability to use the tools of the trade to create compelling videos.

Faithbridge is a growing church in NW Houston. We have a fast-paced production environment, and we value the delicate balance between excellence and time management.

We are looking for individuals who know how to tell a story. While additional training and development for this individual are available, the person we hire will be able to demonstrate a solid grasp of the tools of the trade and an eye for compelling storytelling. Above all, we are looking for an individual who is curious and continues to learn as technology and methods evolve.
Knowledge of tools used would include (but not be limited to) video cinematography, both studio and "field" (Canon XL2, JVC HD250, etc.), lighting, audio, and post-production tools such as Final Cut Pro, Motion, and Photoshop.

Please send your resume to justin.teague@faithbridge.org.
Serious inquires can call the church at 281-320-7588, ext. 118.
A sample of your prior video production work will be required.
Old April 22nd, 2008, 11:58 PM   #170
Regular Crew

I'm local...in Southern California and shoot with a Canon XHA1.

Email me at moviecarz@cox.net
Old April 23rd, 2008, 12:21 AM   #171
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Lieberman View Post
I'm local...in Southern California and shoot with a Canon XHA1.

Email me at moviecarz@cox.net
Sorry Craig, you're one week too late. NAB was last week.

-gb-
Old April 23rd, 2008, 12:43 AM   #172
DV Rig Pro

Yes, bit too late...

Next occasion will be CineGear in LA, June 2008.
Old April 23rd, 2008, 08:30 AM   #173
Major Player

need need 3 betacam sp tapes dubbed to other format

guys - I have 3 betacam SP tapes that I need dubbed to either VHS (SVHS or even regular would be ok) or beta or minidv .. it's probably not worth it for me to rent a deck for this - I'm in NJ although that may not matter...

anyone able to do this for me? let me know how much .. obviously not looking to spend a mint doing this

I think I can get PM's on this board (?) or if you post your email addr. (acceptable?) I can email you

TIA

sorry about the typo in the title - looks like I can't edit that once the post is in
Old April 23rd, 2008, 12:28 PM   #174
Regular Crew

Suggestion

where I live i usually take this kind of thing to a TV station.
Old April 23rd, 2008, 01:03 PM   #175
Major Player

I can do those for you...email sent
Old April 23rd, 2008, 06:37 PM   #176
Christopher Brown

Urgent - need videographer for Sat - Perth, Australia

Hi,

Located in Perth, Western Australia.

I have a wedding this Saturday the 26th of April and my regular guy has just said he can't make it.

The job involves some travelling on the day as it is outside of the metro area (you will be compensated for this). I have all the gear - just need someone to shoot.

Could turn into some regular work if you are good enough.

Please e-mail me chrisb@smallpackagefilms.com if interested.

Old April 24th, 2008, 01:34 AM   #177
Christopher Brown

Found

Ok - found someone.

Thanks.

Old April 24th, 2008, 12:52 PM   #178
Regular Crew

July 5th shooter for wedding

I'm looking for somebody to shoot a wedding for me on July 5th in Mississauga, Ontario. You don't have to be local though.
It has to be shot in HD, and it has two be two cams. One can be smaller (like HV20).
Any kind of stabilizer (glidecam, merlin) is a HUGE plus.
It's a one shooter package (around 16h). I'm already booked that day, but for various reasons I need to do this one too.

If somebody is interested, please contact me with your demo and pay expectations plus travel cost, if you' re not local.

Thanks
Old April 25th, 2008, 04:17 AM   #179
Tourist

global media pro review

I bought a Libec tripod from global media pro. I enquired about sending a couple of products up to save on postage but my enquiry was never answered. They are terrible at answering emails, which is the only form of communication you have to deal with them. No address or telephone number.

The mid level spreader broke within days of its arrival. Once i finally received an answer about returning or fixing, it becomes clear they have made it REALLY difficult to return or fix the item without jumping through loads of hoops.

I've seen so many questions about this company, mostly unanswered. My experience with them was negative. If anyone has any advice about replacing the sprung screw on the ls22 libec mid level spreader that would be great too.
Old April 25th, 2008, 07:01 PM   #180
Regular Crew

Looking for Nonunion CREW MEMBERS in Antelope Valley CA

Hello all-

I will be producing a trailer for a feature film in the last two weeks of May, or first two weeks in June. All crew positions are open. Paying $50 to $100 a day. 12 on 12 off. Shoot me emails with resumes to producer@cliffhanger.com.

If you are reading this and even if you are not interested in a position on the project, but you are in the Kern County / Antelope Valley area contact me just so we can network.

R. L. Appling
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands