Helping Hands from 2008 - Page 19 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old June 14th, 2008, 10:15 PM   #271
New Boot

Could someone get me the "Nashville Star" opening graphic?

Hey all

I am new member here. I've spent a while searching the forums and reading various topics. But this is the first time I've actually posted something. I know it's rude for a stranger like me to ask for favors, but if it's quick and easy for someone to help me out then this won't be too much to ask.

I am putting together my director's/editor's reel and I did some short term AC work on this season's "Nashville Star" show (now airing Monday nights on NBC). I want to obtain the opening title graphic to incorporate into my reel and I do not have the means to grab it off the TV. My VCR is broken, and I don't have a way to record a TV stream on my laptop.

If anyone is able to grab the opener, compress it to a MOV file and email/upload to me I would be very grateful. Let me know if it's possible, and we can discuss further via email.

If this is a lot to ask, then perhaps someone could suggest how I might go about getting the opener.

All the best

Thomas
New Mac convert, Charlotte NC
Old June 15th, 2008, 12:12 AM   #272
Regular Crew

COMPOSER needed for short film by AWARD-WINNING director

Looking for a composer that can score the short film “Shoot”. It's a 20 minute comedy/drama about a guy named Dave Deforest fighting to continue his dream career in photography.

Composer must be available June 17th-22nd for scoring the film (not constantly, but daily replying to e-mails). This is a student production, therefore the only compensation I can offer is credit + a high quality internet download of the movie.

Please e-mail us if interested at: salil@salsunproductions.com with subject "COMPOSER-"Shoot" June 2008"

PS: Having an AIM or MSN screen name I could communicate on with you is a big plus.
Old June 15th, 2008, 09:12 AM   #273
Regular Crew

Shooter needed for June 20 San Francisco

Need an experienced cameraman for 1/2 day shoot in Marin county, just north of San Francisco. I have all the equipment (Canon XL-H1, tripod, wireless systems). We will shoot runner at local track, shoot training in office, shoot at track again, and again in office. Contact Bob Prichard at 415-435-9880.
Old June 17th, 2008, 02:48 AM   #274
Regular Crew

South East London (UK) - Filmmakers Meetup Group

If anyone is looking for like-minded film and video makers in the South East London area, you might be interested in our group. The Croydon Filmmakers Meetup. Check out http://filmind.meetup.com/351/ for more information. Our next meeting is 8pm this Thursday (19th June 2008) at Lloyds Bar in Croydon.

We've got a good spread of writers, operators, editors etc. and if you are looking for crew or help with your project then why not come along.
Old June 18th, 2008, 05:48 AM   #275
Tourist

Need to rent SD video cam in London. Any suggestions? =)

Hello,

We are living in Paris and might be heading to London for a video job. Anybody got leads on a good video cam rental shop? We'll need:

1. SD video cam, preferably a DVX100
2. Lapel mike
3. Tripod

Best regards
Wesley
Old June 18th, 2008, 07:21 AM   #276
Regular Crew

XDCAM Shooter on Kauai needed for documentary shoot in early July

Hello, I'm looking for an XDCAM shooter BASED on Kauai to run a second camera for a documentary shoot on July 7th in Hanalei Bay. Check out www.soulfabric.net to read about our project, and contact me here or via email for more details. The experience will be fun, deeply connected to culture and adventure, and is paid.

Aloha
Old June 18th, 2008, 12:27 PM   #277
Major Player

If you worked on the show, can't you ask the production company for it? That way you would get the highest quality possible (someone grabbing it for you may look rather cheap and not help your cause) and you would be on safe ground as far as copyright goes.
Old June 19th, 2008, 09:15 AM   #278
Regular Crew

XH-A1 DP needed for August! Pay plus more!

Hi -
We're currently looking for a DP with experience shooting 1080 with the Canon XH-A1 for a 2.5 week shoot in NE Pennsylvania in August. We HAVE the camera package - we NEED your knowledge and experience. Shoot is for an innovative series, shot feature-film style.

There is pay plus meals, transportation, lodging and other benefits.

If you are interested,please drop an email to;

steeltreeinfo@gmail.com

and I willbe happy to fill you in on all the particulars.

Thanks
Old June 19th, 2008, 11:33 AM   #279
Trustee

2nd camera for wedding in NE Ohio Jul. 19th

Just found out my client wants a 2 camera shoot for her wedding on the 19th of July. The event is in the Warren/Youngstown Ohio area. As this just came up, all of my colleagues who I would usually call upon are booked already.

I would require a person who has their own equipment, preferably HD if possible. The final product will be a widescreen DVD but I like to acquire in HD anyway for more options down the road. I shoot with a Canon H1 and a Canon HV20 for a wide balcony shot to cut away to if the other cameras goof up. This is basically a "c" roll camera! :)

This 2nd camera person should be skilled enough to cover wide to medium shots handheld and on a tripod. I will handle all the closeups and creative shots. I don't expect the handheld shots to be "Steadicam" perfect but no nauseating fast pans and shakes. I need this camera to fall back on when I get too creative and blow focus on a critical shot or accidentally bump the "pause" button in the middle of the ceremony.

Anyone in the Ohio area interested shoot me an email through my profile and I'll let you know the pay. It's pretty standard fare for a 2nd cam in the area.

This would be for both the wedding "and" the reception.

Thanks for any replies in advance.

Marty
Old June 19th, 2008, 03:46 PM   #280
Regular Crew

Try VMI at www.vmi.tv

Might find it hard to find a DVX 100 to rent. Might have to use the HVX200 and record to tape if that's what you need.
Old June 19th, 2008, 03:50 PM   #281
Tourist

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the info. Appreciated.

Best
Wes
Old June 19th, 2008, 05:02 PM   #282
Regular Crew

Hi Mike,

I've got experience shooting as a DP with an XH-A1, i've also got my own loaded HPX-500 package as well. Shoot me an e-mail if you're interested in chatting, or give me a call at 610-442-3442.

~Mike
Old June 19th, 2008, 08:29 PM   #283
Tourist

To the best of my knowledge, it's a non-profit business. The money they make from films/television that show the sign, they spend it maintaining the sign.
Old June 22nd, 2008, 01:59 AM   #284
Major Player

Can you paint with light?

Hi there. I'm looking for a seasoned DP who can "paint with light" and is familiar with the jvc hd100 and hdv codec. I'm looking for someone who can not only light a scene realistically but artistically and expressively depending on mood and atmosphere of the given scene. I have a short film I want to shoot on the hd100 and need to find a quality DP. Send me your webpage or link to your reel. Thanks!

Amos
mrak1979@yahoo.com
Old June 22nd, 2008, 02:09 AM   #285
Major Player

I forgot to mention that I'm in l.a.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands