Helping Hands from 2008 - Page 22 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old July 15th, 2008, 04:15 PM   #316
Major Player

I don´t know how much you want to spend, but you might want to have a look here: http://www.dctvny.org/facilities/studio.html
Very professional people and great rates...
Old July 15th, 2008, 04:55 PM   #317
Major Player

Check the Producers club too. They have rooms that are all black, with black curtains in the back.
Old July 15th, 2008, 06:58 PM   #318
Wrangler

I use the Producer's Club a lot, especially for rehearsals & castings, it's a great place. I even took Judith Weston's class there. It's close to midtown/Times Square, so good access to public transportation, there's a parking garage down the street but keep in mind, vehicle traffic can be bad in that area. There's an inexpensive 1 Michelin star French bistro across the street called Marseille if you're wining & dining, or just want to treat yourself. But one caveat! the building and interiors are very run down and beat up, so be careful who you interview there.

Another great place is Photo Manhattan. It's much more presentable than the Producer's Club and the big plus their photo studios are setup for photographers which are nice for interviews. --- they have black curtains ---. It's located close to Union Square on 14th St, so easy access to public transportation.

If your interviewee is a VIP or needs special attention, you might call the business centers of local hotels to see about renting a small conference or banquet room. They can sometimes accomodate requests for backgrounds and certain types of equipment, but you might have to go through the A/V or banquet department, depends on the hotel. For example, the Tribeca Grand has a nice theatre / lounge in the basement.
Old July 15th, 2008, 06:59 PM   #319
Wrangler

Haven't used DCTV but I've heard good things from people who have.
Old July 16th, 2008, 02:21 PM   #320
Major Player

There is a great little video tutorial that someone put together over at Exposureroom.com.

http://exposureroom.com/members/skum...633f8cc8f4e87/

Now, the video doesn't showcase your camera (it uses a Canon A1) but you get the general idea of how to set it up and how to tweak the functions. It may or may not help you. Plus, the author of the video is super helpful. Leave him a comment and he might be able to help you out.

Good luck.
Old July 18th, 2008, 08:57 AM   #321
Regular Crew

Orlando Video Crew for Event Coverage

I'm looking for a video crew in the Orlando, FL area.

I've been approached by an organization holding their 60th anniversary convention at Disney world in September 2008.

I'll likely need a crew to assist me in covering this week long event.

I would like Z1U/ex1 style cameras. I'll probably need 2 available (with operators) and would like a "porta jib" style arm to use during the event and a steadicam flyer would be excellent as well. We wouldn’t need the jib or the steadicam all the time but it would be nice to have them to get some more interesting shots.

Please email me at george@tasickmedia.com and let me know your capabilities, equipment and rates. Also, if you have demos online, please link me to those in your email as well.

Thanks,

George
Old July 18th, 2008, 11:20 PM   #322
Regular Crew

Film and lighting equipment needed in the UK

Hello there UK'ers. I've been asked to shoot a video for a band from Doncaster, UK. The only problem is I can't bring all my equipment from Atlanta on the plane.

I'm looking for someone with any film equipment (lighting, jib, dolly, steadicam, etc) to use for the shoot. At the very least I need a lighting kit.

I will be shooting the video with a really cool prototype from one of RED's upcoming competitors, along with some super rare lenses like an F0.85 and F0.95 prime, so the video should have a very unique look.

Because the video budget is very small, in addition to money, I can barter my web/flash design, color correction, or VFX services for use of your equipment

I designed the website for Cinevate ( http://www.cinevate.com ) and just did the cinematography, VFX, and color correction for the following 48 hour film: http://vimeo.com/1305149

also, if anyone has contacts outside of DVinfo, send em' on!

My contact info:
Phone: 770-548-7719
Email: sc@batteryfire.com

Thanks,
- Solomon
Old July 21st, 2008, 09:33 AM   #323
Major Player

Wanted: Video Editor in Rochester NY area

Looking for a video editor who can work in high definition in the Adobe suite and familiar with Blue Ray disc authoring. I have the equipment and pay would be based on a per job completed basis.

Dave Chilson
Empire State Lake Ontario Promotions
email: locderby@aol.com

Last edited by David Chilson; July 21st, 2008 at 12:58 PM.
Old July 21st, 2008, 03:22 PM   #324
Regular Crew

Outdoor Festival in Brooklyn

I need six shooters with HD Cameras (Canon preferred) for an outdoor shoot in Sept. If interested please email me your info, cam type, day rate, etc. PAID GIG!
Old July 22nd, 2008, 02:47 PM   #325
Major Player

m&m&m-

thank you for your thoughtful replies.

i spent two days last week walking thru various mnahattan spaces.

i was very surprised at the quality of the spaces. frankly, for the $ i expected a bit more pizzazz, they kind u find in boutique edit and sound studios. this certainly was not the case.

and then, guess what? it turns out the client will not be needing a manhattan location. the production is now being moved to philadelphia! 3rd week of august.

anyone know of decent interview space in philly?

thanks in advance

be well

rob
Old July 23rd, 2008, 06:40 AM   #326
Major Player

need philadelphia studio/interview location

my earlier asking about nyc interview space now seems premature. my client has moved the shoot to philly.

i'm looking for a rental space that would allow me to shoot four talking head interviews. the interviews will take approx 1.5hrs. because the interviewees are rather elderly, i am scheduling two for each day. i am hoping to shoot on thurs/aug 14th & fri/aug 15th or fri/aug 15th & sat/aug 16th.

i am also looking at a place called videosmith for some rentals.

anyone with an opinion about videosmith?

anyone with a thought to lend about some interview space?

as always, thanks in advance for any info u care to share.

be well

rob

Last edited by Rob Katz; July 23rd, 2008 at 09:34 AM. Reason: detailed info
Old July 24th, 2008, 11:18 AM   #327
Regular Crew

Seeking Videographer in Atlanta

Hello all, I'm currently seeking a videographer in the Atlanta area to shoot a series of real estate videos for my company. We have 6 to 10 days of shooting and are currently seeking experienced videographers. We are looking for the footage to be shot sd on mini-dv. All you have to do is shoot and send us the tapes. Please visit our website and view our product at www.capturethemarket.com, you can view one of the community websites.

When responding, please provide information about your camera, lights, tripod, rate and a brief background description. Also, providing a link to your work would be helpful. Please send this information to me at Corey@capturethemarket.com

Thanks
Old July 24th, 2008, 12:56 PM   #328
Regular Crew

Sent an email.
Old July 25th, 2008, 03:27 PM   #329
Major Player

Shooters needed in Austin, Texas for the mayor's special project

Videographers of all skill levels are being recruited to assist in a promotional video for the Mayor's Fitness Council. Mayor Wynn has declared that, "Austin will be the fittest city by 2010!"

Scott York of bodybuildersreality.com and Mike Pulcinella, the creator of the "Raising the Bar" documentary series are producing a video to promote Mayor Wynn's vision and we need your help. We need additional shooters for luncheons, formal interviews and documentary-style footage of various events taking place in the next few months.

The Mayor's Fitness Council is a an all-volunteer group dedicated to seeing Mayor Wynn's proclamation come true. This is an opportunity for pros to network and for novices and amateurs to gain valuable experience and exposure while also being part of an important step in creating a healthier Austin and a healthier America.

For more information please see the offical website:

http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/fitness/

If interested, please contact Scott York with your info at:

scott@scottyork.com
Old July 27th, 2008, 12:43 AM   #330
Regular Crew

Seeking locations for short film in NC

I'm directing a short crime drama/thriller. For the film we're looking for two locations, a small home or apartment and a abandoned building. Both would need to have power provided to them. I'd also like to find the locations near either Roxboro, Durham or Raleigh. I am working with Eno River Media Productions which is a federally recognized 501C3 non-profit company. Therefor all activity can be billed accordingly as tax deductible. Myself, the cast and a professional crew from the Triangle will be the only ones at the location. For more information about ERMP please visit our website at http://www.ermp.tv
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands