Helping Hands from 2008 - Page 28 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old October 2nd, 2008, 09:07 AM   #406
Regular Crew

NC Motivated Film Aprentice

Hello everyone, Im in Fayetteville NC and am a learn on the fly guy, multi talented. I have an XL1 and edit with Adobe CS3. Really want to be exposed to some media production. So if you are shooting a movie, short film, music video, let me know. I would like to be exposed, maybee I can learn a thing or two, come out in your production, or just help. Here is some examples of what I do, I write, edit, shoot, and direct. Please let me know what you think http://vimeo.com/1836070
thanks
Old October 6th, 2008, 04:17 PM   #407
Trustee

jay,
Have you gone Sony?
Bruce yarock
Yarock Video & Photography
Old October 6th, 2008, 06:53 PM   #408
Regular Crew

Need an HDV videographer in Paris, France for PBS Art Show

Hello,
We are looking for an experienced videographer located in Paris for a 3 hour HDV shoot sometime between Thursday, October 9th - Monday, October 13th.
The shoot would be for a segment to be used in the PBS Art series "Love to Paint with Mimi".
The preferred format would be HDV 1080 60i, so you would need an NTSC camera or a Sony Z1U, and a wireless mic.

If you are interested please e-mail your rates, date of availibility and a brief description of your experience to info@3rdstoryproductions.com

Thanks,
Scott Saracen
3rd Story Productions - Home
Old October 7th, 2008, 05:46 AM   #409
New Boot

I need job in Canada or USA

Hi :
I'm Playout engineer , I have experience as camera man " wedding "
I have experience in Adobe PPro CS3 " I'm certified from Adobe "
I need to move to Canada the money it is not problem
nothing is problem
thank you
Old October 7th, 2008, 10:31 AM   #410
Regular Crew

Any EX1 or EX3 owners in the Kansas City Area.

Early next year I may be needing an additional cam for a project. Would like to know if there was any videographers with an EX1 (or EX3) in the Kansas City area.

Or if there was anywhere (anyone) I could rent from.

Thanks!
Old October 7th, 2008, 01:56 PM   #411
New Boot

EX1 / EX3 User in the KC area.

Hi Nick,

I'm a videographer/editor w/ 20 years experience who lives in the KC Metro area.

I've had the EX1 since February and just took delivery of the EX3 and am available for hire.
Can you tell me about the project?

Jac
Old October 7th, 2008, 04:00 PM   #412
Major Player

Calling all JVC HDxxx owners within the new york area... paid gig

I am currently the DP for a hidden camera show, and they are putting together a DVD of their show.

They need extra camera men with the same camera to shoot with me...
we are shooting with HD110's but 200 and 250 is fine...

Its all being shot in 30p hd

Pay is $200 a day per camera man. You should be at ease with hiding behind things and getting into difficult spaces to hide yourself and the camera.

We are shooting Thursday-Sunday in NYC, some locations we have full control over, and others are completely run-and-gun shooting.

Please send an E-mail to Joe@NYFilmStudios.com with your contact info, if you would like to be a part of this....

Its actually really fun to shoot for this, because the gags are very funny, and on top of it all, you get paid!

Joe@nyfilmstudios.com
Pay:
$200 per day per cameraman
Camera needed:
JVC HDXXX cameras
Days needed:
Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, (possible Monday)
Call times:
Usually 8AM, except for the controlled night shoots.

Last edited by Giuseppe Pugliese; October 7th, 2008 at 06:30 PM.
Old October 8th, 2008, 01:49 AM   #413
Major Player

Just curious Giuseppe but is that a standard daily rate for a cameraman with camera in New York? or is this specifically a 'low budget' thing?

I'd personally say that 200 dollars sounds a bit cheeky when you want the cameraman AND his kit for a day!

You should expect to pay that price alone for just the camera hire in Europe.

Please excuse my ignorance if I obviously have no idea what US rates are. I get very protective over crew rates here as too many companies try their luck with crew and kit knowing that people need the money so will accept lower rates. Apologies if this is not the case, which I'm sure it isn't!
Old October 8th, 2008, 03:45 AM   #414
Inner Circle

Do you have insurance? - Seriously, not said in jest or are your camermen on their own as stringers?
Old October 8th, 2008, 07:12 AM   #415
Regular Crew

Grip/PA needed in Tucson 10/13/08

I'll be shooting some scenics in Tucson on 10/13/08, and I need a reasonably experienced grip to help heft and carry, and probably to pickup an extra tripod, some sandbags and a reflector prior to the shoot. Please reply soon as this is obviously right around the corner.

Thanks,
John
Old October 8th, 2008, 07:38 AM   #416
Regular Crew

I wouldnt mind starting a network of EX1 / 3 users in KC.
Also looking for renting equipment
*as it stands I'd have one more operator than camera*

But I'm looking to shoot a large piano recital and hope to be able to budget three Ex1s, currently have two.
Old October 8th, 2008, 12:09 PM   #417
Major Player

This is not a standard rate, this is a "low budget thing" but since it is a steady few days in a row it kind of makes up for itself I believe.

Just to make things clear, I am not running this project, I was just asked to help out to see if there are any more JVC HD camera men who are interested in the gig. I dont believe they have insurance, I believe this is just a quick low budget shoot for the week. All I know is my first check cleared so I know they are legit haha. All detailed questions about the project would be sent to the production manager and she would be able to answer more questions.

So again if you guys are interested, I think for a few days they might even need a 3rd cameraman, so replay if interested.
Old October 8th, 2008, 12:26 PM   #418
Trustee

VO artist needed - 21st October (Wildscreen fest UK)

Hi guys.

I'm looking for a VO artist on the 21st Oct in Bristol Uk (Wildscreen festival). I will be making a 2 minute short doc and the VO has to be done on the day and at the festival. The film will be screened at the festival and may get further exposure by the sponsors.

mdtmail@yahoo.co.uk

Many thanks
Mat
Old October 8th, 2008, 01:44 PM   #419
Major Player

Stuart you are right on. That's also what I charge for camera hire alone. The economy isn't that bad here yet, but trolling can always pull out a few students and wannabe's , like it or not.

No offense Guiseppe, but Good Luck!
Old October 8th, 2008, 02:11 PM   #420
Obstreperous Rex

Moved to Helping Hands.

While the offered rate is probably way too low to attract seasoned professionals, it does seem like a good opportunity for a students or beginners to get some experience and a little pocket change on the side. Good luck,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands