Helping Hands from 2008 - Page 29 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old October 9th, 2008, 12:39 PM   #421
Trustee

DOP/Production Assistant Needed for Phoenix Indy Film

OK I like straight to the point stuff here. I am Directory of Photography/Editor and also work one of the cams onset of a low budget indy feature film. We start shooting toward the middle of October. The shoot schedule is not up yet but it will usually consist of one weekend night and once in a while a weekday evening. Locations are mainly in central to metro phoenix areas. I need someone dependable and eager to learn, sometimes as I do, the process of indy production from the cinematography standpoint.

FACTS:

1.Low budget, however, we have resources, equipment, contacts, and assets that make this a worthwhile experience.
2.No direct pay, however, I will give my assistant points on any money this film makes as a result of distribution or festival prizes etc. I don't get paid unless this film makes money either.
3.Professional and student actors involved. Our main crew is mature, fun, and talented. We have access to some great locations.
4.US and EUROPE festival entry plans.

WHAT YOU WOULD BE DOING:

The same stuff I will be doing :-)

Logging shots and tapes.
Recording camera angles, settings, and focal points
Operating the camera (we currently have 3)
Analyzing storyboards for shots
Some lighting
Other misc. stuff

PM or email timelake@cox.net
Old October 9th, 2008, 10:04 PM   #422
Major Player

Looking for Production rental house & crews in Perth Australia

I am a freelance videographer with my own gear and I'm also a FCP editor with my own suite.

I've just recently moved back to Perth Australia. I was away for a long time and I have lost all my production contact. Would any one be able to point me in the right direction in renting production gears.(cameras, audio, lights.)

I would also like to meet up with any one that is also in the business. If anyone is free for a beer?

I have worked in Europe and the U.S. for the last 3 years. I have also experience in 35mm adapter.

You can email me at davidchiaemail@yahoo.com or call me at 040-8838-231

Thank you very much in advance.
Old October 10th, 2008, 01:47 AM   #423
Regular Crew

Talent Recommendations Portland Oregon

I'm shooting a construction safety training video in the Portland Oregon area in early November/Late October. I'm looking to find a male, late 20's to late 30's clean cut actor that will be the main on screen presence.

Does anyone have recommendations? I'll be coming in from Vegas.

Thanks!
Nathaniel
Old October 10th, 2008, 08:31 AM   #424
Regular Crew

Shot you a PM
Old October 10th, 2008, 09:30 AM   #425
New Boot

Mr. Hurd,
The post from Guiseppe should have said "Calling all students/beginners with say $5,000 worth of equipment to work in Media Market #1 for McDonalds pay".
That you would support this type of post toward an audience of working professionals who use this site to advance our craft is insulting and really dilutes the crediblilty of this site.
Mark Cowherd
JVC-HD250 w/Steadicam Flyer LE
Old October 10th, 2008, 09:38 AM   #426
Major Player

What's the problem?

Why are you guys hating on this gentleman's request for cameramen? If I had a JVC and not an A1 (and if I was in NY, not OH) I would jump at this opportunity. I am a full-time Copywriter and Videographer - for a corporation (Salary, benefits, all of it). But nothing is "beneath" me.

$200 is $200 and times are tough. Exactly like Chris said, this is a good opportunity for younger, less experienced people to get some work in, and make a few bucks. Or if an experienced person needs some cash, so be it.

Giuseppe, man, if you ever need an A1, or a shooter in Cleveland, OH - hit me up.
Old October 10th, 2008, 01:09 PM   #427
Major Player

I would be happy to take time off from my other job, waiting tables, but unfortunately I'm on the wrong coast! Now if they were willing to pay per diem on top of daily pay... I AM something of a beginner and would jump at any reasonably viable opportunity.

=)
Old October 11th, 2008, 12:01 PM   #428
Regular Crew

Need Ex1 Videographer in Houston and Sao Paulo!

Hi,

I am going to be leading some large seminars in Houston, Texas and in Sao Paulo, Brazil. I would like to hire someone to video these events and I would like to have it shot on an EX1 so that I can put the footage right into my Mac Book Pro.

Thanks,

Larry Silverberg
Old October 12th, 2008, 05:14 AM   #429
Trustee

Try Colin Day he can do very fast turn around from his home:Voiceover UK voice talent Colin Day : Welcome
Old October 12th, 2008, 11:44 PM   #430
Major Player

Videographer Needed in Florida

Hello Great People!!

On October 29th I will be shooting a boxing match in Melbourne Florida. I need one more cameraman to assist in covering the event. Travel expenses will be covered.

Email for more details.

Thankyou

-JS
Old October 13th, 2008, 04:21 AM   #431
Major Player

I am interested in the Job but your profile does not allow othes to email you.
Old October 13th, 2008, 09:21 AM   #432
Regular Crew

Vieographer

I am also interested. I live in the Melbourne area, and I have 10+ years of experience.
Old October 13th, 2008, 09:27 AM   #433
Regular Crew

Videographer/Editor With 11 yrs Experience

All:

I am currently seeking employment in any industry anywhere in the US or OCONUS. I am based in FL right now, but I am willing to relocate depending on salary/job.

I have 11 years experience, mostly government video. I am comfortable shooting with all kinds of gear in all conditions. I am not afraid to get dirty, carry gear, etc. I am familiar with all major editing and graphics software suites including Adobe, Avid, and Apple products. I can write, direct, shoot, and edit. I am a one man band if needed, but I have no problem with working with others.

I will send resume on request. I look forward to your interest.

Sincerely,

Mike Ferrara
Old October 13th, 2008, 01:04 PM   #434
Major Player

emails sent
Old October 13th, 2008, 01:18 PM   #435
Regular Crew

you should consider putting up videos for viewers to see.
to help you landa job.

goodluck tho
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands