Helping Hands from 2008 - Page 35 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old December 12th, 2008, 04:10 PM   #511
Major Player

Dave that would be awesome. So long as you don`t mind trying a few things I wouldn`t mind trying a few out in the film :) It is an over the top comedy, so perhaps the WA lens may be even better heh.

This is a password protected video on Vimeo
password : nathan

Thats the scene it'll be going in so you get an idea. Doesn't tell you too much about the scenario but you get a visual
Old December 13th, 2008, 03:15 PM   #512
Trustee

Sounds very interesting and right up my street, its a shame I live in the UK and good luck with finding a suitable candidate.
Old December 14th, 2008, 04:30 PM   #513
Tourist

Actually, Gary, please do apply if you're interested.

I was focusing on having wide coverage for timezones, but wasn't intending to restrict to US-only.
Old December 15th, 2008, 05:05 PM   #514
New Boot

What date is the event? Personally, I have a Canon XL2 and know of others that have one. If you are looking for rental equipment, I can put you in contact with the main film productions companies in PR.
Old December 16th, 2008, 06:22 PM   #515
Major Player

Houston TX Shooter Wanted

First off, this is not a Craig’s List post. You would be paid well if you’re hired.

One of my clients is looking for a shooter in the central Houston TX area. The job would call for availability when needed, on short notice, over the course of the next 4 or 5 months. This is a great opportunity for a one-person production outfit.

The client requests that you shoot in HDV widescreen, recorded to miniDV tape, using a pro level camera. You should be competent in your video recording skills, able to capture good clean audio, a good listener, and able to carry out the directives of the client.

The subject of the project is the restoration process of a classic automobile. You’ll essentially be documenting certain activities during the restoration process. The project is expected to span over the next 4 or 5 months. There will be NO set shooting schedule. You may shoot for a couple (or several) hours one day and then not again for days or weeks. Then again, you might shoot everyday for awhile. As I said, there is no set shooting schedule. It’s a matter of being available on short notice (at least a day or two) when the restorer is doing something that needs to be videotaped.

You’d be responsible for recording raw video and audio. So, you need a camera and audio capture gear. No editing would be required. However, you may be asked to burn a DVD copy of the raw footage so the client can view it. All video and audio would be turned over to the client who retains rights to all recordings.

Basically, if you’re a competent videographer with some experience, are a good listener, possess good interpersonal skills, you could likely handle the job.

My role here is merely to help my client find a qualified videographer in the Houston area. Any contracts, negotiations, payments, etc. would be between you and the client. I would not be involved in that at all.

I can tell you that the client is video savvy and knows what a fair price is and what’s overpriced. I think they pay pretty damn good. Of course, that’s all subjective.

If you’re interested, drop me an email at info@jeffemery.com.

Please supply an equipment list (of what you will be using for video and audio capture), previous professional experience (and professional education if applicable), and your rates for shooting the raw footage. You could include your editing rate too in case they want to know. Remember too. In pricing, they would rather have an all-inclusive type price. That is, they expect that you are going to use a camera and some audio recording device. Give them your rate using that gear. They are not into a bunch of different prices based on a bunch of different gear packages. They want it shot HDV to miniDV cassette and good clean audio. Let them know what you charge to deliver what they ask for.

I will pass along the information to the client and they will decide who they want to speak more with about the project. The car is in Houston now and the restoration process will begin shortly so don't waste time. Respond now if interested. Next week may very well be too late.

That’s about it. Email me for additional info.

Jeff
Old December 29th, 2008, 09:16 PM   #516
Major Player

Los Angeles: Sony EX1 Owner/Operator available

I'm a Sony EX1 owner/operator working in the Los Angeles area and willing to travel. I'm looking to work and collaborate with as many talented people as I can. Please contact me regarding your upcoming project at:
Mike McGee
mikemcgee@hotmail.com
Old December 29th, 2008, 09:17 PM   #517
Major Player

Traverse City, MI: Sony EX1 Owner/Operator

Hello there,
I currently live in the Los Angeles area but have deep roots in Traverse City, MI. I'm a Sony EX1 owner/operator working in the Los Angeles area and willing to travel. I'm looking to work and collaborate with as many talented people as I can. Please contact me regarding your upcoming project at:
Mike McGee
mikemcgee@hotmail.com
Old December 30th, 2008, 07:38 PM   #518
Trustee

35mm shooter in South Florida??

I'm in Broward county and would like to get together with someone who is experienced shooting with the 35mm adaptors. I shoot with a Canon H1 and A1, and have been practicing a lot with the Letus extreme and Nikon primes. I'm at the place where I need some hands on help from someone with a lot more experience than I have. Obviously I'll compensate .
bruce yarock
Yarock Video and Photo
yarock at a o l dot com
Old December 31st, 2008, 02:50 PM   #519
Major Player

Bruce,
I shoot a Canon XLH 1 with the 35mm adapter and 100-400 zoom. I live in Miami Beach.
Happy to help. E-mail at oporornis@yahoo.com.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands