Helping Hands from 2008 - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old January 28th, 2008, 01:34 PM   #46
Regular Crew

Need Second Shooter for Weddings in NY.

We are a Texas based company but shoot a lot of wedding out of state. We do a bunch of weddings in NY (Long Island and WestChester area) each year so wanted to see if there were any talented shooters interested in shooting with us.

You will need to have

1) Sony PD170 or similar low light camera.
2) Tripod
3) Video Light with diffuser so not harsh light
4) Monopod

You will need to be dependable, creative and pay attention to details.
Be willing to learn and adapt to new style of shooting.
If you have glidecam experience it will be a plus.

You should have previous wedding or shooting experience and
I will also need to see some sample videos that you have shot.

Please email me if you are interested

bjthomas@digitalcanvaspro.com

Take care,

Bj Thomas
Old January 30th, 2008, 10:44 AM   #47
Regular Crew

Driver/Interpreter in Southern Turkey

We will be shooting a documentary in Southern Turkey this summer. Anyone on the forum have experience in that region? We're not looking for a shooter but could sure use a tip on a Driver/Guide to shoot around Sanliurfa, Nemrut Dagh and possibly Lake Van.
Old January 30th, 2008, 12:27 PM   #48
New Boot

I've been there

I traveled through Turkey for a month about 12 years ago and was in the three places you mention.
My hotel room was raided by plainclothes police who pounded on my door at midnight but they were very courteous despite six men pointing guns at me.
The war against the Kurds was in full swing then, with battle tanks along the roads and armored cars and troops in the streets. There were almost no tourists in the southeast so I suspect the police merely wanted to learn whether I was aiding the rebels.
While much of Istanbul could be mistaken for many large European cities, the East becomes much more religious and Muslim so women are less visible and covered.
A taxi took me to Nemrut Dag late in the day so I could be there as the sun set, but it was a bit difficult climbing back down in the dark.
Sanliurfa is exotic, near the Syrian border, but the city of Van, a few miles from Iran and Iraq, is just a plain but undistinguished city.
It’s a beautiful country full of friendly people, though the southeastern part is much poorer, more conservative and less worldly than the western part.
Old January 30th, 2008, 01:26 PM   #49
Trustee

Needed -Arizona: Shooters, Editors, Composers

TLF (or its rather large and currently private new partner) expects a huge growth this year in the demand for our services. We are already booked for a couple Summer months. Investors are currently in talks with us as to needs for a really big launch this year and large budget promotions for 2009. With this foresight in mind, we want to be able to meet the demand head-on. One example - we are filming segments of the Super Bowl Experience this weekend in conjunction with Fox.

If you live in Arizona and want to join the pool of contacts we will likely need, please sign up in this thread (or email me direct) and link a reel or portfolio. We will need shooters, editors, and composers. All gigs will be "for pay".
Old January 30th, 2008, 11:00 PM   #50
Regular Crew

Need to rent HVX-200.

Hey everyone,

I'm going to be shooting a pilot for my web series in the next couple weeks and I'm looking for someone in Los Angeles who'd be willing to let us rent or borrow an HVX-200 for a weekend (Saturday to Sunday night). We're trying to do this on the cheap before going around to pitch the show.

Free is best, but anything below the cost of a rental house would be great.

For those who don't know me, last year I won an MTV Movie Award and recently directed a couple music videos for Epic Records and mtvU. But, we don't have any funds at this time, we're just trying to get materials together for a pitch, and would prefer to shoot HD rather than SD.

I look forward to hearing from you. Please direct emails to:

josh.caldwell@meydenbauerentertainment.com

Thanks,
Josh
Old February 1st, 2008, 01:21 AM   #51
Regular Crew

Atlanta area sound guys

I'm trying to put together a contact list for sound guys in the Atlanta area. I primarily will be shooting interviews and web based commercials.

Any sound guys in Atlanta/North Metro-Atlanta?
Old February 1st, 2008, 11:34 AM   #52
Major Player

Shooters needed in San Francisco - June 21 & 22, 2008

Mike Pulcinella Video Productions is looking for several experienced video shooters to help with a two day national strongman contest in San Francisco on June 21st and 22nd, 2008.

I’m bidding on the job and would like to know what you would charge to shoot a 2-3 hour event on the first day and a 4-5 hour event on the second day. I do not yet know the exact locations of the events (it'll probably be more than one).

We want this to be broadcast quality so please, only experienced shooters need apply.

Please respond to me here or email me at...
mike@mikepulcinella.com

Thanks,
Mike
www.mikepulcinella.com
Old February 1st, 2008, 02:51 PM   #53
Major Player

Shooters needed in San Diego - June 21 & 22, 2008

Sorry for the re-post but I was given some bad information. This is a correction to my previous post about a strongman contest.

Mike Pulcinella Video Productions is looking for several experienced video shooters to help with a two day national strongman contest in San Diego on June 21st and 22nd, 2008 at the County Fair Grounds. http://www.sdfair.com/fair/

I’m bidding on the job and would like to know what you would charge to shoot a 2-3 hour event on the first day and a 4-5 hour event on the second day.

We want this to be broadcast quality so please, only experienced shooters need apply.

Please respond to me here or email me at...
mike@mikepulcinella.com

Thanks,
Mike
www.mikepulcinella.com
Old February 1st, 2008, 02:55 PM   #54
Major Player

Correction

I was incorrectly informed about the location of the strongman contest. The correct city is San DIEGO.

See here...

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=113747

Mod: Please remove this thread.
Old February 2nd, 2008, 03:40 PM   #55
Major Player

NYC: need dvx100a/b or xl2 pro

nyc producer looking for a nyc based sd dp.

i need a dvx100a/b or xl2 pro.

i have sd documentary and am interviewing for dp.

16x9 experience welcomed.

35mm film adaptors even more welcome!

solid doc experience even more more welcome!!

pm an email or cell number and we'll get together to discuss

thanks in advance for your interest.

be well

rob
Old February 2nd, 2008, 06:32 PM   #56
Major Player

Stock Footage - Sunset Hawaii?

Hi all
Am editing a wedding i shot in Hawaii and yes, i admit, i didn't get any sunset footage *dolt head*..

was wondering if anyone from hawaii or has any HD stock footy of a sunset in hawaii or on somewhere beachy (that a word?)

If you want i'd be able to trade footage with ya or maybe it's a gesture of goodwill :D karma and all that..

1080i .. maybe 10 seconds or so.. lemme know :) I shot the wedding with a FX1

Thanks!
Vish
Old February 2nd, 2008, 10:18 PM   #57
Trustee

Which beach did you shoot the wedding? I may have the same beach on file, complete with a sunset.
Old February 3rd, 2008, 02:07 AM   #58
Major Player

Sweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kawamoto View Post
Which beach did you shoot the wedding? I may have the same beach on file, complete with a sunset.
Wedding took place @ the sheraton waikiki if that helps :D

I'm not too picky about the beach tho as the clip will be used as a transition between the ceremony and reception .. that'd be awesome tho if you had clips :)

Vish
Old February 3rd, 2008, 04:03 PM   #59
Regular Crew

I am still SD, not HD (GL 2), but as a last resort, I live in Florida & could easily get some sunset footage for you if needed. No palm trees on the beaches here tho, unlike Hawaii. Let me know if you run out of HD alternatives.
Old February 3rd, 2008, 04:12 PM   #60
Major Player

Much appreciated!

Thanks Bill!, i'm still hoping to get a HD clip but i definitely appreciate your offer!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands