Helping Hands from 2008 - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old March 5th, 2008, 11:22 AM   #91
Major Player

Hair/Make-up for NY feature: Paid

Hello,

We are in need of Hair and Makeup (preferably someone who can do both) for an Ultra Low Budget SAG feature film based in White Plains NY (20 miles north of NYC).

The cast is small and mainly needed for our leading actress. Our shooting schedule is March 15th through the 24th with the 19th and 23rd off. I know it's short notice but we came into a scheduling conflict with our make-up artist.

Pay is $150 neg. per day.

Please email me at: todd@drawingchalkpictures.com

Thank you.

Todd Giglio
Drawing Chalk Pictures LLC
Old March 8th, 2008, 01:08 AM   #92
Trustee

Thank, guys. The client didn't want to spend any more, so I finished the project with what I had.
Bruce Yarock
www.yarock.com
Old March 9th, 2008, 02:43 PM   #93
Regular Crew

VO or Voice Actor Talent Needed for Short Dub (3 min) (done over internet)

Looking for actors or voice over talent for dubbing over a short (3 mins approx) film clip for a student assignment. Talent must have their own equipment for recording and be able to send me the audio file when done. I will need all clips by Friday, March 15th. (we'll get you the script March 13th or 14th) Please note that since this is a school assignment, you will not have to precisely try to match the actor's lips in the picture, what's important is that the voice sounds believable. The only compensation we can offer is credit + an internet download of the clip as compensation.

White male 20-30 years old
African American male 20-30 years old
African American Female 20-30 years old
White Male 30-40 years old (short line)
African American male 20-30 years old (deeper voice than previous)
White male 35-50 years old (requires a lengthy lecture)
White female 20-30 years old
White male 20-30 years old
White Female 45-60 years old

If you are capable of pulling off more than one of these roles, please do not hesitate to apply. Please state in subject “VO Acting” and tell in the body what role(s) you are applying for.
If you would like to apply, please e-mail salil@salsunproductions.com
Old March 9th, 2008, 05:53 PM   #94
Major Player

Portland Oregon - After Effects Editor

We are a small production facility and are very good at After Effects in-house, BUT we sometimes need to hire contract talent that is good at After Effects. Please let us know if you are just such a person. Our URL is in the signature of this post. After Effects compositors only please.

Cheers.
Devon
Old March 10th, 2008, 02:27 PM   #95
Major Player

Need a Wedding Shooter - Aug 9 in Aurora, IL

I'm overbooked on August 9th and need a dependable camera person. This is a referral job so it's important to me.

Pay would be $400 to the right person, job is 4:00P-11:30P in Aurora, IL at the Stonebridge Country Club. Must supply your own equipment (all my gear will be at other shoots that day).

Please let me know as soon as you can if you are interested.
Old March 11th, 2008, 11:16 PM   #96
Major Player

Need Salt Laker shooter for 6/21&22 weddings

My client is marrying in Salt Lake (Indian "henna" wedding and all that) and having the reception in Phoenix. We are filming the reception and editing the whole thing. I’m looking for a shooter for 3.5 hours on the 20th of June and 3.5 hours on the 21st. Do you have those dates available, and what would you charge to shoot the ceremonies and send me the HDV tapes?

Thanks,
-Dana

Please contact through www.legacyhdv.com
Old March 12th, 2008, 01:09 AM   #97
Regular Crew

VO talent needed - "the voice of god" Don LaFontaine sound alikes

Looking for voicer over talent for an overly dramatic documentary trailer. We're looking for someone who can come close to that really low voice you often hear in movie trailers aka "the voice of god" performed by Don LaFontaine. For more information and to hear his voice, please check out this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QPMvj_xejg
You will need to be available for about 1-2 weeks, I must have a final recording from you at the very latest Saturday, March 22nd. You must have your own recording equipment and be able to e-mail me the audio file. This is only a 1-1.5 minute trailer, so nothing extensive. Providing online samples of previous work is a big plus.
Compensation: This is a student production, therefore the only compensation I can offer is a high quality internet download of the trailer and credit.
Please contact us via e-mail at salil@salsunproductions.com
Make sure the subject is "VO of GOD - Trailer"
Old March 12th, 2008, 01:59 PM   #98
Regular Crew

Are you limiting your search to folks in the northwest? I'm in chicago, and I've only done a few part-time gigs trying to build a portfolio. I had my little infant reel on stage6, but since that was canned, this would give me some motivation to get my demos back up.
Old March 12th, 2008, 03:24 PM   #99
Regular Crew

Looking for actor

Craigslist is pretty good. Not as overflowing with talent as in the States, but there are more and more people looking on it in Europe. Try that.
Old March 12th, 2008, 03:53 PM   #100
DV Rig Pro

Work at NAB for a free DVTEC rig

We need shooters with their cameras to work with us at the show helping demonstrate the rigs.

Free rig of your choice for a 3 days work.

Old March 12th, 2008, 04:26 PM   #101
Major Player

Emailed, I know how to work my camera pretty well, check here on the forums for demo tape or email me and i'll send you a link, just so you know I'm not some kid that would just mess around =) I do love to sell things =)
Old March 13th, 2008, 07:46 PM   #102
Regular Crew

Public domain Rap/Gangster-Rap music needed for student production

Seeking rap/gangster rap with lyrics for about 30 seconds in a student video on "What does it mean to be 'MONEY SMART'?" This is for my consumer education class, if we win, it will be recognized at the D203 Money Smart Week Student Seminar on 4/21/08 and also posted on www.salsunproductions.com. As per the rules, any audio or visual materials that we use besides the ones we have created must be in public domain. We would only need about a 20-30 second clip of heavy rap/gangster rap. Please, no particularly offensive lyrics. If you know of any sites that might have it or have some yourself or can quickly compose/perform some, please e-mail me at salil@salsunproductions.com with subject "RAP PUBLIC DOMAIN MUSIC"

The purpose of this music is to establish a stereotype for a character, so it's just a certain mood we're trying to convey, no specific lyrics required.

COMPENSATION: Internet download of finished video

CONTACT: salil@salsunproductions.com with subject "RAP PUBLIC DOMAIN MUSIC"

PS: If you cannot attach a file for some reason, please use senduit.com
Old March 14th, 2008, 05:38 PM   #103
Regular Crew

Composer Needed-sound-alike 1st 15 seconds of "Snakes on A Plane" by CobraStarship

Looking for a composer that can compose an approximate tune that is similar to the first 15 seconds of Cobra Starship - "Snakes on A Plane (Bring It)" for a parody. This is for a student production, in which copyrighted material cannot be used, any audio or visual material not originally created by us needs to be in public domain. So you would need to put the clip you compose in public domain.
Check out the music video to hear what I'm talking about (only need the first 15-20 seconds) :
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XV24FN4rDzE
The only compensation we can offer is a high quality internet download of the completed project.
If interested, please contact me at salil@salsunproductions.com
Old March 14th, 2008, 07:37 PM   #104
Regular Crew

Please note, by 1-2 weeks...I don't mean all day every day. Just stay in contact pretty much on a daily basis or every other day via e-mail.
Old March 14th, 2008, 08:53 PM   #105
Wrangler

I've had luck getting good VO guys to spend 20 minutes doing various reads of material for a trailer...

But I doubt any person who does this for a living is going to want to spend 10 days on and off without serious compensation. Especially since a lot of those guys have complicated daily schedules, doing reads for multiple news shows dailty, etc etc.

I personally would prepare 3 times more copy than you need, ask for 3-4-5 reads, and offer $100 for 20 minutes of their time. These guys are used to working fast.

Then again you might get lucky and find somebody that will help you 2 weeks for free...but I doubt it.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands