Media Choices For Delivering TV Spots To Stations at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old August 24th, 2007, 10:49 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Media Choices For Delivering TV Spots To Stations

I built a 1440X1080 30-second TV spot in FCP 6.0.1. It's a series of stills with slow moves and disolve transitions.

What are my media options for delivering it to out-of-town stations?

So far, all I've found is DigiBeta (don't have), BetaSP (can do), or using a service like DG or Vyvx (I think these services are costly and designed for bigger shops).

My goal is to avoid the degradation of converting to analog.

Has anyone tried delivering a QuickTime movie file on CD or DVD to TV stations? The Traffic person at one of the stations I asked didn't seem to know what I was talking about.

Am I needlessly obsessing? Should I just print to BetaSP and get on with my life?
Patrick Byers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2007, 11:34 AM   #2
Major Player

Most local tv stations are going to want it on BETA, at the best Digibeta.

Understand a lot of local tv stations are still shooting BETA, or DVCPRO.

Most don't have Digi beta decks, and are still using BETA. The DVCPRO station I work out of here locally during Spring Training builds a bay with a beta to DVCPRO editing station so we can feed the tapes on their format. In my market 1 station is BETA, the other 2 are DVCPRO.

It all depends on the stations, but just about every one of them has a beta deck somewhere to dub it to their format for playback.

So yes my advice is to put it on BETA and move on. Unless they specifically request a certain format.
Old August 24th, 2007, 03:27 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks, Mark.
Patrick Byers is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions