Is there a free software that can join two .m2t files together?(opposite of HDVSplit) - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old May 23rd, 2012, 06:45 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: Is there a free software that can join two .m2t files together?(opposite of HDVSp

I've used MPEG Streamclip to do it.
Old May 27th, 2012, 11:28 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Re: Is there a free software that can join two .m2t files together?(opposite of HDVSp

As you've found out, you can't just join two arbitrary m2t files together. It's nothing to do with metadata. The files contain several timing fields and a sudden jump can cause problems or confuse software that attempts to read or play the joined file. Even if the software can handle these jumps, there is likely to be visual corruption at the joins where the inter-frame references are broken.

The best way to do this is to use software that remuxes/restreams the two files into one - effectively repackaging it without re-rendering the actual video and audio data, which I think is what MPEG Streamclip does.
Colin Browell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2012, 06:13 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Do it all the time with MultiAVCHD and it is free on top of that. The software is not real clear cut on the process but it does it and it is really fast in the joining.

Email me if you have any questions but I have posted the process here on the fourm somewhere.
Richard Davidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2012, 06:50 PM   #19
Trustee

I've just downloaded MultiAVCHD and tried joining .m2t files, but no success. For those who were successful, are you sure you're editing .m2t and not .mts? So far, I've not been able to join .m2t files with all of the above scenarios.
Warren Kawamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2012, 09:48 AM   #20
Trustee

I have no .m2t files to experiment with, but this freeware app joins everything I've tried with it, including .mts files.

Download Simple File Joiner 2.1 Free - A tool which combines many different files into a new file - Softpedia

Worth a look....
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2015, 12:28 PM   #21
New Boot

Here's my confirmed working method for this:

ffmpeg -i "concat:in1.m2ts|in2.m2ts|in3.m2ts|in4.m2ts" -c copy output.m2ts

That way you get a seamless result. Whereas if you don't merge with ffmpeg and just put the files on timeline in Adobe Premiere, there will be a huge gap both in audio and video. The above result is fast (no re-encoding). You have to naturally get free ffmpeg in order for that to work and you can concatenate as many files as you want (and .m2t will work fine).
Jim Hoyle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions