DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   High Definition Video Editing Solutions (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/high-definition-video-editing-solutions/)
-   -   Is there a free software that can join two .m2t files together?(opposite of HDVSplit) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/high-definition-video-editing-solutions/111646-there-free-software-can-join-two-m2t-files-together-opposite-hdvsplit.html)

Daniel Woodson January 4th, 2008 11:47 PM

Is there a free software that can join two .m2t files together?(opposite of HDVSplit)

I have two *.m2t files that I want to join together, without any encoding/rendering. I'd like to have one single m2t file. (the opposite of HDVSplit, which splits one m2t file into several smaller ones)

Thanks for your help!

Taky Cheung January 4th, 2008 11:50 PM

I use Womble MPEG editor. It's not free tho.

Mike Sakovski January 5th, 2008 11:29 AM

if u work in ms windows, then open MS DOS window and from command line enter:
C> copy/b m2t_file_name1 m2t_file_name2 resultant_m2t_file_name

that's it.

Daniel Woodson January 5th, 2008 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taky Cheung (Post 802904)
I use Womble MPEG editor. It's not free tho.

Thanks... I have used Womble MPEG, but the
resulting m2t file refuses to play in Playstation 3. :(
(not really sure why.... :( )

Daniel Woodson January 5th, 2008 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Sakovski (Post 803104)

that's it.

Thanks! I tried this method. Combined several M2Ts
from command line... Works perfectly when the resulting
M2T is played in Playstation 3! :)

Warren Kawamoto May 16th, 2012 11:36 AM

Re: Is there a free software that can join two .m2t files together?(opposite of HDVSp

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Sakovski (Post 803104)

that's it.

Sorry for my lack of MS DOS, but I need to join 2 m2t files, and haven't tried this yet. Before I do, I have several questions;
1. Do these 2 m2t files need to reside in the root of C drive before joining them?
2. Suppose my first m2t file is 001.m2t and my second is 002.m2t, and I want the result to be 003.m2t.

Using the above scenario, what EXACTLY do I put on the command line?

Taky Cheung May 16th, 2012 12:54 PM

Re: Is there a free software that can join two .m2t files together?(opposite of HDVSp

I thought there is a + sign in the syntax. for example.

COPY /B 1.m2t + 2.m2t NEW.m2t

To make it easier, you can copy both m2t files to C:\ root. Then hit Windows-R and type
"CMD" then enter. It opens a Command Prompt windows. type "cd\" to switch to the room directory. Then enter the copy command.

Warren Kawamoto May 17th, 2012 10:01 AM

Thanks for your reply Taky! I'll try that.

Warren Kawamoto May 17th, 2012 09:48 PM

Ok, I finally tried it and this worked in joining my files:
C:\>copy/b test001.m2t+test002.m2t result.m2t

Taky Cheung May 17th, 2012 11:09 PM

Or you can just do this

copy/b test001.m2t+test002.m2t

Then the test001.m2t will be overwritten with the joined content.

Warren Kawamoto May 18th, 2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warren Kawamoto (Post 1733861)
Ok, I finally tried it and this worked in joining my files:
C:\>copy/b test001.m2t+test002.m2t result.m2t

You know what? This is not working for me! I assumed my files were joined together, because the file size was double of what it was before. However, when I played it back, only the first file was seen. How strange. I tried it on 2 computers, same thing. I also tried:
C:\>copy/b test001.m2t+test002.m2t
which should have resulted in 001 being a new joined with 002. When I play it back, the file size is double of what the original was, but the length of the clip was the original 001 file. What am I doing wrong?

Warren Kawamoto May 18th, 2012 10:04 AM

I also tried this file joiner, but the result was the same.... resulting file size looks correct because it\'s the sum of both files put together, but the length of the result is only 1 clip.
TSSplitter - Official Website

Chris Medico May 18th, 2012 11:36 AM

That is because the files were joined but the metadata inside the files wasn\'t updated.

You can not join m2t files that way.

Chris Medico May 18th, 2012 11:42 AM

You can join your files together if you rewrap them into a mpg wrapper then use the "copy" trick on the mpg files.

This does not re-encode them or reduce their quality. It only changes their container.

Once you have the file put together you can change the container back to m2t.

A program called ffmpeg will change containers for you and its free.

Warren Kawamoto May 18th, 2012 11:09 PM

Thanks Chris, I\'ll try that when I get home!