best DIGITAL extreme SLOW MOTION option? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old January 21st, 2008, 06:46 PM   #1
Regular Crew

best DIGITAL extreme SLOW MOTION option?

hey,
is there a good option for burst capture of extreme slow motion at close to high definition resolution? like 300fps or higher?

i've been away from the boards for awhile but i recall a few years ago people were experimenting with imaging systems designed for scientific purposes that could capture direct to disk at high speed... i wouldn't mind lugging a full pc/capture card system around if it was just for a few specific slow-mo shots.

..i've also noticed that there are some digital still cameras that are getting very close to achieving some nice slow-mo burst acquisition, but none of them seem to be quite there..

if anyone has been keeping tabs on this stuff, any info would be appreciated.

thanks,
eric
Eric Gorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2008, 09:50 PM   #2
Trustee

High speed footage goes straight to internal RAM or perhaps a computer. Tape isn't fast enough to do HD at the speeds you are talking about. What camera will you be using that can output a high-fps stream?
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions