PIXELA HD Capture Utility problem with GR-HD1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old July 6th, 2003, 06:13 PM   #1
Regular Crew

PIXELA HD Capture Utility problem with GR-HD1

Have you ever had problem with MPGTSCam.exe program? It should capture video from GR-HD1 camcorder. My main NLE computer was running W2000 so I loaded JVC programs on my laptop that runs XP home edition. I had one failure of the MPGTSCam.exe program and had to reset the comcorder to fix the problem. Now I updated my main frame P4, 3GB, P4G8X, 1024 MB mem, to Windows XP professional. Loaded PIXELA HD Capture Utility ... and it doesn't capture anything at all. The program fails instantly and suggests: "... Please tell Microsoft about this problem". What a crap? Tried all tricks with resetting a camcorder - don't work. When I start the program without the camcorder connected, it shows OK. When I connect it later, at first it shows "GR-HD1" on the top line and then switches instantly to a message about an inconvenience and telling it to the Microsoft!

Does someone have a solution to this crap? or have I use the laptop to capture footage ... transfer it over the net - many megabytes! - and ... it is boring! The DV editing is so easy by a comparison.

Neither PIXELA or JVC have anything to contact them and find a solution. Are they hiding themself till Sony will come with a solution :-) ?

To be a pioneer and a guinea pig to big companies is not funy.
Old July 6th, 2003, 06:26 PM   #2
MPS Digital Studios

Re: PIXELA HD Capture Utility problem with GR-HD1

Andre,

I agree with you. Did you find a way around the auto iris issues I've complained about?

Thanks,

heath
Old July 6th, 2003, 07:13 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Heath,
No, but in skydiving I never use full manual. In the first DV camcorder, the Sony VX-700 there was a portrait mode. It kept iris open as long as possible. This way brigthness didn't vibrate in freefall. Any vibration of the iris is seen as a flicker, but the error is larger for small opening - kind of obvious. I found HD1 to be very good - negligible flicker - now I know why.
The iris doesn't move and controll is done electronically by a shutter speed - not a mechanical system. With my PD-100, I had to pass all freefall footage through a deflicker filter in VirtualDub. Can AviSync do it? Never tried - could be faster.
Long time ago I made only three jumps with manual controll. It was CCD camera with a C-mount. I took lens from my old 16mm movie camera, and obviousely everything was manual. Didn't work well. On exit sky was too bright. At opening, too dark. Learned a lesson.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions