Stitching long M2T files on timeline at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old June 10th, 2008, 11:04 AM   #1
Contributor

Stitching long M2T files on timeline

I use Premiere Pro CS3 and have just come across the problem of what to do when the first video clip reaches it's 4 gig limit (about 21 minutes), and the next video clip picks it up from where the first clip left off. I have one black frame at the end of every 4 gig clip. I am using the new Sony Z7U camera and recording on CF cards. The CF cards use FAT 32 file system, which is the reason for the 4 gig limitation (same as hard drives). Let me know if there is a solution for this when editing with Premiere? The only thing missing to make the edit seamless is the frame of video that should take place of that one black frame (that shouldn't be black of course). Without that one frame, there is a slight jump in the video, and I just don't want to do that.

Is there some utility to fix this? Did I import the files incorrectly from my CF card reader? I did a batch rename of the m2t files with Adobe Bridge, maybe that's the problem. Your help is appreciated.

Stephen
Stephen Gradin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2008, 02:38 PM   #2
New Boot

Sony z7 biger then 4GB import

If You use the import utility from Sony(Sony Recording Unit Utility), The software connects these divided .M2T files together during transfer so they can be edited precisely in your NLE as a single file without any pauses.
Tested and works

Zoltan
Zoltan Lorincz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2008, 06:53 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I know with the HG10 we had the 2Gig Limit bug as well, Canon was no help so a fellow poster made and provided a nice File Joiner program for us that fixed the problem, now I suffer no more dropouts at a little over 17 minutes of continuous filming when rendering.....
David Wayne Groves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2008, 02:45 PM   #4
Contributor

Thanks, I found the site via a google search. Here is the link in case anyone else needs it. I will test this out in the coming weeks. I assume it will work fine.

http://pro.sony.com/bbsccms/ext/hdv/...DR60/soft.html
Stephen Gradin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions