Tiresome Rending in Final Cut Pro 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old June 24th, 2008, 09:19 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Tiresome Rending in Final Cut Pro 6

I am resizing, changing brightness and smooth camming about a dozen 2 minute clips and then placing edited versions on the time line. At this point I am getting a red rendering bar for the whole lot. Now, I know that if I should edit these clips in the timeline again, I will have to go through rending again. Is a good work around to render all the undedited clips in the timeline, then save the whole lot as a movie and then edit them again by bringing them back into the time line as one complete rendered movie?

Tim
Old June 27th, 2008, 10:58 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Yes and No

You'll should use a lossless codec so that all of your rendering and exporting doesn't start to degrade the footage. And your final sequence will need to be in that same codec so that you don't get the render bar again. You can do it with lossy codecs but at the expense of your video's quality. Any other unadjusted footage will need to be in the same codec so that you don't get a red bar for that.
Paul E. Coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2008, 01:36 PM   #3
New Boot

you could edit at dynamic...it may give you more real time during editing and and just have to render when you create your final
Joe Pitts is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions