Importing 1080/25p into FCP6 from Sony Z7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old July 16th, 2008, 12:43 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Importing 1080/25p into FCP6 from Sony Z7

Hi,

Wandering of anyone can help.
From what I understand when you record HDV at 1080/25p to tape, it actually gets recorded as 1080/50i due to compression issues. Indeed when importing the 25p footage into FCP, the clip resolution info says they are 1080/50i.

How does one then get 25p clips to work with?

I have read that you can de-interlace your sequence and overlay it with a duplicated version of a reduced opacity. But if this is the only way, is there any point to shooting at 25p and why do these camera have this function? Is this a FCP issue or an HDV issue? Does this problem happen when shooting on DVCAM, or indeed when recording to CF cards rather than tape?

Any experience people have on this matter, would be greatly appreciated as it is really bugging me!

Mihali
Mihali Moore is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions