Second copy of Encore BR burn gave me a coaster at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old January 6th, 2009, 10:51 PM   #1
Major Player

Second copy of Encore BR burn gave me a coaster

I burned a good BR on a rewritable and then plopped in a BD-R as the second copy. After burning 19.7gb of 19.7gb I got an error that the media was not rewritable, and I took the option (several times) to 'try again'. It finally spit the disc out, and when I played it it was an old version of the Encore file with a different menu! What?! There was no render, just the burn to the second disc. It also would not let me select the menu options, but would freeze. ???

I burned another one, building a new BR, and it worked, although you can see the menu image burned into the image after you've left the menu. Very strange probs.

Last edited by Dana Salsbury; January 7th, 2009 at 12:11 AM.
Dana Salsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2009, 07:43 AM   #2
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana Salsbury View Post
I burned a good BR on a rewritable and then plopped in a BD-R as the second copy. After burning 19.7gb of 19.7gb I got an error that the media was not rewritable, and I took the option (several times) to 'try again'. It finally spit the disc out, and when I played it it was an old version of the Encore file with a different menu! What?! There was no render, just the burn to the second disc. It also would not let me select the menu options, but would freeze. ???
That's an odd one. It sounds like it's not erasing the disk for some reason. Could be that it's writing a new menu but not the new video and the links to the menu are not connecting to the video. Try manually erasing the BD-RE then try it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana Salsbury View Post
I burned another one, building a new BR, and it worked, although you can see the menu image burned into the image after you've left the menu. Very strange probs.
Quite odd. I think as we move into BD we'll all ultimately see stuff happen that we've never seen before. It's an undiscovered country.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions