Problem Importing to After Effects at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old April 6th, 2009, 08:17 AM   #1
New Boot

Problem Importing to After Effects

I know this subject may have been answered before but I have searched for it and can’t find it. I have an FX1000 and when I capture HD 30p in premiere and import the file in After Effects, it plays it back in slo motion like it is not the same frame rate, can someone please let me know, or point me in the right direction on the proper way to export from premiere to AE, thank you.
Dave LaNasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 09:34 AM   #2
Trustee

(1) You maybe need to do a RAM preview (hit 0 on the numeric keypad) as AE doesn't play back in real time until it has rendered to RAM, it takes a little time and then it plays normally. Until you do it plays back slowly.
(2) You may want to reinterpret your footage if it's not compatable with the settings of your AE project, look for "interpret footage" dialog.

/Battle Vaughan/miamiherald.com video team
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 09:56 AM   #3
New Boot

thanks for the reply, I did interpret the footage, I will try the ram preview, when I start to play a 1 minute test project it eats up all of my ram, I have 3 gigs ram, is that normal?
Dave LaNasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 12:11 PM   #4
Trustee

If your ram is being used elsewhere -- virus program, Vista sidebar, internet is online, other apps open--- it can happen. Best to shut down anything you don't absolutely need when running AE, it takes a lot of resources. You can select just part of your timeline to play back to see how it's working, use the project bar and select a few representative seconds to check your progress. Good luck! /bv

Last edited by Battle Vaughan; April 6th, 2009 at 02:47 PM.
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 01:03 PM   #5
Major Player

That`s normal, as all the frames have to be loaded into memory (hence RAM preview).
Jiri Fiala is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions