PC/HDV editing solutions, links and more - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old August 13th, 2005, 04:10 AM   #31
Regular Crew

Yes, womble is a good solution, as long as you do not use the encoder very extensively (because the encoder is poor).

But to cut out advertising from an dvb card - with hard cuts - and render the movie to a new file, is terrible fast, since this tool does not encode at all with hard cuts.

Wolfgang
http://videotreffpunkt.com
http://www.vegasvideo.de/forum
Wolfgang Schmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2005, 06:38 PM   #32
Regular Crew

Um, on the cheap hardward for HDV sided I am looking into this tiger direct model that configures for $1360 with the AMD 64 X2 4400 cpu, 512MB, 74gb 10k drive, DVD dual layerl and ati video card with hdtv out. This is a barebones system that has pci-express that I am going in integrate with drives and memory from my current 3.2 intel system.

Then I am lookting at the new Proton (not Protron) 37" lcd native 1920 x 1080p monitor for video out for under $2000. I already have a 20" lcd for editing so I just need a presentation monitor.

This is the cheapest upgrade to pci-express I have come up with. Has anyone else seen a good upgrade path to a pci-x solution for HDV monitor out?
Old September 29th, 2005, 07:04 AM   #33
Inner Circle

Well you could put a much better system together yourself. I am in Canada and in Canadian dollars for $1700 you could build the following:- Antec TX1050B case with 500w supply, Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, AMD 4400+, 1G Corsair Twin Ram, Seagate 120G boot drive, WD 200G SATA2 storage, Saffire Radeaon X700 256m PCie and LG4163B burner. Look at www.Shoprbc.com for prices here in Ottawa, they only charge a little more to assemble and provide warranty. I think that 1G RAM is minimum more is better, boot drive speed is not very cricital, having more drives for storage of video is better too, a couple of SATA2 drives in RAID 0 would be good.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2005, 04:42 PM   #34
Regular Crew

Sounds like a sweet deal Ron, Thanks!
Yes I have some parts from my non pci express system which is why I don't need all the memory or video drives. But I DO want a 500w power supply if it is quiet and a good DVD burner as well instead of some oem unknown brand.

I'll look into the site you listed. Thanks again.
Old October 28th, 2005, 09:30 AM   #35
Trustee

Avid and HDV - Finally!

The current version of Xpress Pro HD, 5.2 will in fact bring in HDV via 1394, edit and send back to a tape via 1394.

It's on the web site at http://www.avid.com/

We have tested this and we are able to capture from the new JVC camera and lay back to tape. We captured via 1394, did some simple edits and effects and sent the video to a file (a bit of a drawback). From there you can lay back to tape through the Avid interface. It will ask you for the m2t file you wish to lay off to the deck. Note there is, as far as we could see, no way to lay back to a specific TC on the tape. That is, we did a simple "crash" record on the deck and it went to tape.

We did need to render the timeline out and save it to the PC as a file. Then take the file to tape.

The timeline was quite snappy. All in all, it is workable.

We even got it to use the Mojo as a confidence monitor in SD.

Sean McHenry

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2005, 08:02 PM   #36
New Boot

Glad to hear you were able to get the JVC working, Sean. Avid doesn't officially support the JVC yet, and folks are getting the camera to work on a case-by-case basis. Expect support from Avid soon.

But you can ingest and edit HDV, DVCPro, DVCPro HD, DV, DVCAM and more in the same timeline without any rendering in Avid. In fact, you can edit multicam from different resolutions in the same timeline without rendering, as well.

Avid has a great codec for saving out the files. They call it DNxHD. It is a gorgeous mastering codec that holds up really well. Looks uncompressed but has the footprint of SD.

I'm running all of this on a laptop as well as a workstation. It behaves amazingly well. Looking forward to the HVX200 from Panasonic...I really want to record directly into Avid on the laptop at DVCPro HD resolution with just a firewire.

Regards,

Joe Womble
Joe Womble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2007, 08:45 PM   #37
New Boot

fx-1 and premiere pro2

I will shoot a short movie with a sony fx-1 and edit it on premiere pro 2.0. I hope there is no problem with that?

I did not edit any hd video before, is there something that I should know about it?

How do you export an hd timeline? I know how to make a dvd with dv but how do you it with hd?

Thank you...
Baris Hanci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 10:26 PM   #38
New Boot

Wanting to Upgrade to HD. Looking for Australian Companies.

Can anyone offer some advice on where I can go for the best HD hardware solutions for Adobe Premiere Pro in Australia- Brisbane especially? Will also require Servicing of the hardware.
Melanie Pake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2007, 12:02 PM   #39
Regular Crew

interested in total turnkey pc hdv nle solution...

hi, folks. i am interested in some places that sell a totally-ready hdv or similar hd format - pc nle (etc) solution. I know 'Boxxtech' sells systems with Adobe Premiere Pro on them, but beyond them - who are they and what do they offer in terms of a total-ready hdv solution? I guess 'Canopus Edius' has these too. What about Newtek Speed Edit bundled into a pc based solution? Any other great solution providers for HDV, DV?
I am not looking to build my own pc from scratch, but to potentially buy a total pc-based solution - no quirks, no bugs - ready to roll. With a software/hardware package that is fairly easy, very clean and ready to go!

THANKS for any input!
John Haskins is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions