HDcinema Pro - Mullen updates again - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old December 22nd, 2003, 09:07 AM   #16
Major Player

Maury,
None of the steps you outline require Steve Mullen's package to accomplish on the Mac, they can all be done using shareware or freeware tools that are readily available on the internet The only functionality within Steve Mullen's package that would require an original piece of software as far as I can tell, is the encoding to HD resolution MPEG2 from whatever is youir final output from FCP.
If what Paul says is correct, under the GNU license Mr. Mullen is obliged to give you the source code for MPEG2enc (which is someone else's code that he has changed and is now selling with his package for $350) The changes he made should be made freely available to the public. I think that people need to be aware that the majority of what they are buying is repackaged shareware or freeware. But to be fair, perhaps his guides and the MPEG2enc hack are worth $350 to achieve that functionality? Personally I'd rather wait for a solution from Lumiere or Apple, both of which are coming.
Old December 22nd, 2003, 10:10 AM   #17
Trustee

He raised it again to $350??? He must be rolling in the dough...we should buy stock because at this rate by April's NAB he's going to be selling something that originally was $100 for $10,000 - I bet that's all profit! I want in!

Murph
Old December 23rd, 2003, 10:50 AM   #18
MPS Digital Studios

If the new one works, then it works.

heath
Old December 23rd, 2003, 11:06 AM   #19
Warden

This is not a discussion of marketing concepts. Please confine yourselves to technical discussions.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2003, 02:03 PM   #20
MPS Digital Studios

<<<-- Originally posted by Jeff Donald : This is not a discussion of marketing concepts. Please confine yourselves to technical discussions. -->>>

I agree.

hwm
Old January 11th, 2004, 02:06 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Sadly enough I'm investigating other HD10 editing solutions, since we can't get the Aspect editing on premiere to work out.

So, I understand that some of you have not been able to get it to work...though some must have been sucessful with it. Just like any new software, some individuals will get it to work on their computers and for unforseeable reasons, some people will not. Just like some probably can get Aspect to work, it just doesn't work on our systems for some odd reason. (though the aspect solutions is far more than steves). Has anyone been successful with the HDCinema?? Most of the time the people who get it to work no longer post. If any number of people have been successful with this solution, please post and chime in, and I would willing risk some more money to get some editing out of this camera and we're at the point where we'd be willing to give steve's solution a shot....even if it is not a guarenteed success.
Lisa Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2004, 11:11 AM   #22
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Lisa, I have replied to you on this topic here:
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...5&pagenumber=2
You should have your editor download Aspect HD 1.1 to solve your issue.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions