Need copy of DVHStool at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old March 22nd, 2004, 11:03 AM   #1
Major Player

Need copy of DVHStool

Hey guys, do you know where I can download the latest copy of DVHStool (I am having trouble downloading from official site). I need it in a hurry:+)

Thanks

Dwight
Dwight Flynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2004, 07:35 PM   #2
MPS Digital Studios

Try a Google search!

heath
Old March 22nd, 2004, 07:49 PM   #3
Regular Crew

http://kgbird.com/DVHSTool/ Not working for you?
Paul St. Denis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2004, 01:18 AM   #4
New Boot

I tried DVHStool and it didn't work unfortunatley. Probably i just didn't know how to use. To me i found a much better program called CapDVHS. You can search for it on google, and its easy to find. It works really well for HDV capture from the HD10. It tells you everything about the video you are capturing, lets you set how long you capture. and if you start your capture to early or set it to late, it figures out blank areas of the file and doesn't record them of write them to the file. Its very good for what it does. and it captures right into a mpeg file. I tried a bunch of different ways to try to get the mpeg to import to premiere pro but it wouldn't. but when having nDVD from nvidia open with premiere open, it was able to import into premiere and edit HDV fine with the right settings... playback was low framerate, but very responsive on the timeline. and i was able to do all kind of color correction and effects to it. So from my small amount of testing it did not crash at all, and i was able to export to WMV9. So if you don't want to pay all the cash for Cinewave program (that you can't even demo, i believe because they now there program will be useless in a couple of months when all this mess gets fixed up right.) then this is a great alternative. feel free to email with questions. I am aslo working with a friend from microsoft who does alot of work on WMV9 coding to help make a complete workaround for this problem in once package to offer for free for all the people who don't feel like forking out 2grand for something not all that important. We have already started working with some sdk from adobe, and working on make a capture device to work directly in premiere and fix a plugin to understand all mpeg components to work with those aviable to the computer. hope this helps anyone who has been stuck like i was.
Jared Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2004, 02:39 PM   #5
Trustee

"So if you don't want to pay all the cash for Cinewave program (that you can't even demo, i believe because they now there program will be useless in a couple of months when all this mess gets fixed up right.) then this is a great alternative"

Do you really believe AspectHD will become useless? Just because NLE's are being released that will allow native editing on HDV does not mean they will be superior. Cineforms codec is not limited to just the NLE, it is usable throughout your complete workflow. After Effects ect.. As well it is a near lossless codec that will provide a big advantage through out multiple renderings. Native mpeg2ts editing will be fine for most but not preferred for the professional.
Ken
Old March 24th, 2004, 10:03 PM   #6
Major Player

capdvhs has no shuttle control and dvhstool doesn't work

I now have dvhstool, however I don't know how to make the shuttle adjustment work (ie ff rewind etc) on the hd10U. And I don't how to use it to capture with the hd10u (even though it says it sees the hd10u it doesn't actually control it maybe I am missing something). capdvhs does capture from the hd10u, and it converts its capture to program stream (mpeg instead of m2t or ts) if you choose this option. However, it doesn't have shuttle controls so you have to scroll manually. If I am wrong about the use of these two tools please someone correct me and point me to a manual or website. Also if anyone knows of a free or inexpensive capture tool with shuttle controls and a program stream (or better yet avi) from the m2t file option please let me know.

Thanks

Dwight
Old March 27th, 2004, 01:35 AM   #7
Wrangler

Dwight,

I assume you are on a PC? Do you have a MAC available?

P.S. I deleted the other thread you had since you asked the same question here.
Frederic Lumiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2004, 06:34 PM   #8
Major Player

No I don't have a mac

I don't have a mac. Though I can use them I have always been partial to the PC.

P.S. I wrote the other thread because I was uncertain if anyone would read, much less answer, an old thread.

Thanks

Dwight
Old May 19th, 2004, 12:26 PM   #9
Regular Crew

So anyone get DVHSTool works with a HD1/HD10 so far? Mine doesn't even see the cemera and all play/record/FF buttons are grayed out...
Love Mov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2004, 12:30 PM   #10
MPS Digital Studios

did you say you have a PC or Mac? For Mac, the Lumiere HD works fine, but I haven't tried a shareware Mac utility with anything BUT my HD10.

heath
Old May 19th, 2004, 05:43 PM   #11
Regular Crew

I am using PC..
Love Mov is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions