DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   High Definition Video Editing Solutions (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/high-definition-video-editing-solutions/)
-   -   Pinnacle 12 Ultimate sound problem (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/high-definition-video-editing-solutions/239184-pinnacle-12-ultimate-sound-problem.html)

Martyn Hull July 17th, 2009 03:45 AM

Pinnacle 12 Ultimate sound problem

This is a basic software that can not compete with the expensive softwares i know ,but i am getting a lot of trouble with sound, at times after a project is rendered it gives distorted sound in parts of the film, never the whole film, it sounds like the sound repeating itself,re rendering can cure the problem if not turning the pc off before rendering again may do.
No one i know or have heard of experinces this so i wondered if anyone here has.Any help would be welcome.

And i forgot to say it only happens rendering to hdv tape but avchd or bd if not first made on tape and then captured and then rendered as whole single clip film crashes.

Phil Murray July 17th, 2009 06:29 AM

Martyn,

Have you posted in the Pinnacle Support forums at Video editing software and hardware, PC TV Tuner and video transfer industry leader Pinnacle Systems. If you haven't been there before, look under the support tab at the top of the home page for the Forums link.

There are a lot of very knowledgeable people there who posibly could help. There are also a lot of previous posts to search through that might contain your answer.

I use Studio extensively and have had some sound issues recently (but not related to your problem). I was very appreciative of the depth of the help that I received from several people.

Phil

Martyn Hull July 17th, 2009 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil Murray (Post 1172893)
Martyn,

Have you posted in the Pinnacle Support forums at Video editing software and hardware, PC TV Tuner and video transfer industry leader Pinnacle Systems. If you haven't been there before, look under the support tab at the top of the home page for the Forums link.

There are a lot of very knowledgeable people there who posibly could help. There are also a lot of previous posts to search through that might contain your answer.

I use Studio extensively and have had some sound issues recently (but not related to your problem). I was very appreciative of the depth of the help that I received from several people.

Phil

Thanks very much Phil, i did not know about the site and will look into it.

Harm Millaard July 17th, 2009 10:12 AM

I wish these Marketing guys would acquire at least some form of honesty. If you believe all you read, there are "only Industry Leaders" and no competing firms.

Phil Murray July 17th, 2009 08:06 PM

Harm,

I had no idea what you were talking about at first. It wasn't until I looked closely that I saw the name that had been applied (by Pinnacle) to the simple link (pinnaclesys.com) that I had listed. I didn't realize it would end up showing as it did.

I'm not sure if it's all that dishonest, though. I would be willing to bet that Pinnacle is an industry leader in the field of consumer video products.

Phil

Adam Gold July 17th, 2009 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil Murray (Post 1173162)
I would be willing to bet that Pinnacle is an industry leader in the field of consumer video products.

Sort of in the same way that everyone gets a trophy on the soccer team.