MSP7 & HDV Plugin at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old June 15th, 2004, 09:11 AM   #1
Tourist

MSP7 & HDV Plugin

I have the European poor relation of the GR-HD1 (GR-PD1) and I was pleased to see the release of the Ulead HDV Plugin for MSP7 because of the atrocious bit of software from KDDI that came with my camera.
Unfortunately I am having trouble capturing with this plugin and the boys in Ulead Taiwan are unable to reproduce my problem (partly because they have no access to PAL footage). I can only capture 2 scenes at a time, however much I fiddle with the settings. I set the plugin up for unlimited time capture but the process stops at the end of the second captured scene. The scenes can be long or short but it can only capture two of them. I thought at first that there may be a difficulty with the cut from one scene to another but it can handle the changover once - though not a second time. The tape in the camera continues its uninterrupted run (the only clue being that the volume on the screen is lost) but the capture is effectively paused. It is only when I press the Escape key that the camera itself is paused. Even when I set a fixed capture time (say 1 minute), if there are more than 2 scenes the capture finishes at the end of the second one.
I don't know if anyone else has has this problem (it may be limited to those people who own the PAL version). I can capture DV from the camera without any problem and the Pixela software bundled with the camera has no difficulty capturing the same HD footage that the Ulead Plugin refuses, so there does not seem to be a problem with the camcorder or the tapes (I have tried a number with the same result).
I have P4 3.2 Ghz PC with two 160Gb hard drives. Ullead are stuck, I am stuck, so any help would be VERY gratefully received.
Mike Hayes is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions