Vegas 5 and Connect HD: Honest Answers Please. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old July 22nd, 2004, 09:43 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Vegas 5 and Connect HD: Honest Answers Please.

Hello. I am looking to purchase Connect HD for Vegas 5. This will be a blind purchase as there is no available demo. However, I do have concerns of making such an expensive blind purchase. I am mainly looking to buy because I have read from various sources including Cineforms website that it offers speed increases of at least 2-3 times. I currently have a Pentium 4 1.8ghz with 768 MB of RAM. My Vegas currently runs previews (in preview setting) at about 8-10 fps with effects added. This is also editing using the files as they were captured from the JVC HD capture utility so they are the .m2t files. A computer upgrade is not an option, so a software solution is needed. I am asking for any current Vegas 4/5 + Connect HD users for the comments about whether the claims made about Connect HD concerning increased speed and functionality are true or exageratted and anything else that they have found from using the software that may be usefull for me to know.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Mark Duckworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2004, 06:35 AM   #2
Major Player

How close is this place listed on Cineform's website as an authorized dealer?

HISCO
Shinjuku Park Tower 24F
7-1, Nishishinjuku 3-chome, Sinjuku-ku
Tokyo, 163-1024 Japan
Tel: +81-3-5325-5432
www.hisco.co.jp
Old July 23rd, 2004, 06:52 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Its about 3 1/2 hours by bullet train and 8 hours by bus. I run an english OS and all my programs are in English. Any software you buy here will have a Japanese GUI. So even if I could try a demo I wouldn't be able to use it properly to check everythng I need because I don't read Japanese as well as I would like. Thank you for your suggestion though.
Mark Duckworth is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions