FX1 driver question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old December 22nd, 2004, 04:10 PM   #1
Regular Crew

FX1 driver question

Does FX1 needs a driver in Windows XP? There is no any software CD in the package, how do I suppose to capture HD video files thru i-Link?
Thanks.
Love Mov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2004, 12:46 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: FX1 driver question

<<<-- Originally posted by Love Mov : Does FX1 needs a driver in Windows XP? There is no any software CD in the package, how do I suppose to capture HD video files thru i-Link?
Thanks. -->>>

If you haven't installed WinXP Service Pack 2, you'll need to. It is possible that installing SP2 will cause other problems with various programs. Norton products (from reports I've read) can have issues, and I found Nero's 'finalize disc' command was not recognised with SP2 installed.

With SP2 installed, Windows will detect the camera when you plug in the firewire connection and turn on the camera. It'll report a "Windows AV/C tape device" detected and load the appropriate driver.

You'll then need a capture utility. You can download the ConnectHD beta for this, and get the added benefit of testing the Cineform HD codec at the same time...or check out the threads here for other capture utility options that are free - rather than time limited.
Steve Crisdale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions