Mac mini + iMovie HDV compatible ? Yes ! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old March 2nd, 2005, 07:16 PM   #1
New Boot

Mac mini + iMovie HDV compatible ? Yes !

Funny ! We are always Mac VS PC et PC vs Mac.
But no real information about the question....

I made a short test with Mac mini and the Sony camcorder was drive, and i capture some footage 1080i HDV. Rushes are converted in AIC (Apple Intermediate Codec, maybe a wavelet one like Cioneform ???) with a delay for the conversion. Then, iMovie HD is playing very well with this footage. After some titles and transitions, the short Movie was send to the camcorder. The reconversion is a long time consuming before export.

The freeware Arboretum HyperEngine (less than 12 Mo) is able to work with he the same ease with the rushes HDV / AIC from iMovie. But export in one file is again time-consuming.

www. arboretum.com

On the same machine, Athlon XP 3000 1 Go RAM, Canopus Edius Pro 3 (without NX card) and his HD HQ Codec is more responsive for two video layers + titles + several sounds tracks than Premiere Pro 1.5 and the new free Cinefom plug-in.

So in Fact a good PC with Edius is really good for HDV, and a stronger one with Premiere.

Best regards from Paris

Sylvain

www.repaire.net

(French site about video creation)
Sylvain Pallix is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions