DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   High Definition Video Editing Solutions (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/high-definition-video-editing-solutions/)
-   -   Please Jump on Apple (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/high-definition-video-editing-solutions/40594-please-jump-apple.html)

Lee Maisel March 6th, 2005 12:29 PM

Please Jump on Apple

Can everyone who has teh HDR-FX1 light a fire under Apple?

I bought mine, and have Final Cut Pro, then upgr4aded to FCP HD and find NO SUPPORT!!!

Darrell Essex March 6th, 2005 01:18 PM

right now, you will have to buy ilife 5 to get imovie hd.
the big hold up seems to be fcp5 hd needs quicktime 7 and tiger operating sys. to work. we will have to wait until their finished.

Christopher C. Murphy March 6th, 2005 01:43 PM

I've already written to them 10 times.

Douglas Spotted Eagle March 6th, 2005 02:25 PM

repeat after me....
NAB
NAB
NAB
NAB
NAB
NAB
NAB

Sean M Lee March 6th, 2005 03:16 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Douglas Spotted Eagle : repeat after me....
NAB
NAB
NAB
NAB
NAB
NAB
NAB -->>>

It's getting closer and closer! This is the year of HDV at NAB.

Filip Kovcin March 6th, 2005 06:56 PM

i will try this way:

NAB...........NAB...NABNABNAB......NAB............NAB
NAB...........NAB...NAB........NAB....NAB...........NAB
NAB...........NAB...NAB.........NAB....NAB..........NAB
NABNABNABNAB...NAB..........NAB.....NAB........NAB
NAB...........NAB...NAB.........NAB......NAB.......NAB
NAB...........NAB...NAB........NAB........NAB.....NAB
NAB...........NAB...NABNABNAB.............NABNAB

ignore the dots...

i beleive THIS is NOT off topic - since we are "talking" about NAB and HDV?
:))))

filip

Jared VanLeuven March 6th, 2005 10:36 PM

NAB - The Exhibits

I'm going this year (whoo!) and registered for the free exhibit pass (VIP pass). For those of you who've attended in years past, am I going to be able to see the bulk of our favorites (Apple, Sony, Chrosziel, et al) with the freebie pass, or should I pay more for the regular exhibits pass? Thanks mucho.

Chris Hurd March 7th, 2005 12:05 AM

The free pass will get you into the halls to see all of the exhibits. See our NAB2005 thread for more info.

Heath McKnight March 7th, 2005 03:18 PM

Filip,

That was clever.

FCP HD was something that came out last year, but no HDV support, obviously.

heath

Kevin Shaw March 7th, 2005 10:21 PM

<<<It's getting closer and closer! This is the year of HDV at NAB. >>>

That's funny, since many of us thought that was going to happen last year. Actually, the big news at this year's NAB will probably be the Panasonic DVCProHD camera, which presumably won't ship for a while afterwards. And we're still waiting on blu-ray players, which apparently won't be out until near the end of the year. So maybe *next year* will finally be the year of full-blown, low cost HD production.

:-)

Filip Kovcin March 8th, 2005 01:17 AM

does anyone remembers last years prediction and rumours?
what is reality now - comparing to what we thought?

filip

Kevin Shaw March 8th, 2005 08:34 AM

<<<does anyone remembers last years prediction and rumours?
what is reality now - comparing to what we thought?>>>

Last year some of us expected to see many new HDV cameras at NAB, and in the end there was just the one Sony prototype--which seemed to be downplayed at the time but has turned out to be one of the most significant camcorders ever introduced. This year it sure looks like the Panasonic DVCProHD camera is going to be the hot topic, with any HDV announcements playing second fiddle to the buzz about that.

But note that what was shown at NAB last year didn't ship until November and is only just now becoming widely used, so I wouldn't be too hopeful for anything different in that regard this year. By this time next year HDV will be firmly entrenched as a widespread "prosumer" video format, while DVCProHD will be getting heaps of praise from independent film-makers, etc. But until we get affordable mainstream HD-DVD players, all of this means little to most consumers, so it really won't be until next year that the whole HD thing bursts wide open.

Simon Harris March 8th, 2005 01:53 PM

Don't hold your breath, in my past experience Apple take a long time to get their act together. I used to keep buying new versions of FCP only to find that the one feature I upgraded to get was so poorly implemented it was a waste of time and then 2 versions later it would mysteriously work great. Don't expect decent HDV functionality in the next version of Final Cut Pro, if iMovie (compression artifacts and horrible workflow) is any indication it will not be what you are expecting, If you need HDV implementation with FCP now buy Lumiere and suffer the long winded workflow - at least you will be editing in native (ie: offlline/online) resolution and you can get the job done. Simon Harris

Chris Hurd March 9th, 2005 09:20 AM

I have pruned some vulgarity off of the end of this thread. Please keep it clean around here, fellows. Thanks,

Mark Kubat March 14th, 2005 11:18 PM

well, the Bluray thing bodes well, doesn't it?

trying to sound positive here - the Bluray/Apple news seems to bode well, doesn't it?

For both Sony and Apple...

Sure, Panasonic + Apple seems tighter...

since this is turning into a "oooh, can't wait till NAB" thread, I'll say that right now, the new JVC has got me more excited than the Panasonic...

Man, I just can't believe they're charging so much for "only" 720...

I hope the new products are closer to Z1 price than $10K....