Shooting in HDV but editing in DV? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old April 2nd, 2005, 12:41 AM   #1
Major Player

Shooting in HDV but editing in DV?

Is there a way I can shoot in HDV...widescreen 16x9... using HDR-FX1

then edit in DV..? take make it easier and faster?
Especially since my final output is not HD anyway

thanks!
Brent Marks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2005, 06:44 AM   #2
Major Player

The FX-1/Z-1 has built in downconversion, HDV->DV.

Your regular DV editing program will work with it. [from everything I've read and asked about this camera]
John C. Chu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2005, 05:27 PM   #3
Regular Crew

There are 2 ways you can do it and the one mention is to use the camera to downconvert the 1440x1080 to 720x480 in either a 4:3 format or 16:9....the results are nice and it is just like editing DV since it is. The other method I use is with Canopus Edius I capture the foootage in 1440x1080 and use a D1 16:9 Sd preset to edit it in. Like Ppro will also do, Edius scales the 1440x1080 to fit so you are not throwing away any of the resolution. It takes more horsepower to edit but that is what is nice about Edius and a canopus Nx card. There is also a tool in edius that is RT and it is called the layout tool which alllows you to pan and zoom on the 1440x1080 source. It is also very handy if you use mixed sources like SD and HDV with different aspect ratios on the TL which Edius handles nicely. From that D1 timeline I export to a mpeg2 for DVD.
Randy Donato is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions