Convert to HD FLV at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old September 26th, 2009, 08:03 AM   #1
New Boot

Convert to HD FLV

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a free software that can convert MOV or WMV videos to HD FLV. I tried Any Video Converter and SUPER but the converted videos' quality is poor. So does anybody know a software that really supports HD FLV? Thanks.
Nandor Losonczi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2009, 09:31 AM   #2
Regular Crew

It's a bit clunky, but you can upload to YouTube as HD, then rip it back down with one of the free flv ripping tools (sorry I can't remember the name of the one I use, I'm not on my main computer right now). YouTube does a good job on the conversion (provided your source is good quality).
Adam Bauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2009, 11:47 AM   #3
New Boot

Maybe I try that. However isn't there any simpler way? A software that can do the job?
Old September 26th, 2009, 01:43 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Just to ask, why would you want to convert to HD .flv when you could use Handbrake or a similar program to convert to a HD .mp4 or .m4v encoded in H.264, which Flash now supports?
Chris McMahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2009, 01:45 PM   #5
New Boot

Well, I didn't know that :D Thank you.
Old October 5th, 2009, 10:42 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Szervusz Nándor

Please see my post on this topic: http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/flash-we...y-youtube.html.

Sok sikert,
Old December 26th, 2009, 07:21 AM   #7
New Boot

I am using a CMS called Joomla on my site with the Seyret component. Unfortunately it doesn't support MP4, it only supports FLV. However I don't want to upload HD videos no more, I only want to upload 960x540 videos. So which free software do you recommend for converting MOV or WMV to FLV in this size, and also what is the optimal bitrate? Thank you in advance.
Old December 26th, 2009, 05:55 PM   #8
Inner Circle

MediaCoder can generate FLV files (any resolution you want), using just about any source format, and it's freeware. MediaCoder can be a bit tricky to work with (to put it mildly), but you can get excellent quality results. The ideal bitrate, for any particular image dimensions, will be dependent on the particular content of the video(s) you are encoding (and the video framerate).

MediaCoder - more than a universal audio/video transcoder - MediaCoder official website
Robert M Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2009, 12:14 PM   #9
New Boot

Thank you Robert :) I'll try that out.
Nandor Losonczi is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions