MXO2 Mini FAQ at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old October 23rd, 2009, 09:57 AM   #1
Sponsor: Electronic Mailbox

MXO2 Mini FAQ

Matrox MXO2 Mini - Great Things DO Come in Small Packages!

I think it’s time to start talking more about one of the most cost effective tools you can add to your HD video editing arsenal - the Matrox MXO2 Mini. There are lots of great features in this mighty mite, and I’m going to use this article to tell you all about them. We’ve had great success in the past using an FAQ format to better explain new products and technology, so we’ll keep at it now.

What is the MXO2 Mini?
The MXO2 Mini is a portable I/O (input/output) device. It supports both Standard Definition and High Definition footage. On the SD side you get composite, S-Video and Component input and output. For HD you get Component and HDMI in and out. HDMI can of course also be used for SD footage, but I like to think of it as an HD interface.

How do I hook up the MXO2 Mini to my computer?
The MXO2 Mini is an external device that works with both desktops and laptops. It supports Windows (XP or Vista with Windows 7 drivers coming later this year) and Mac (Snow Leopard drivers now available for free download). The MXO2 Mini comes with your choice of PCIe adapter card for your desktop or ExpressCard/34 card for your laptop.

The Mini is flexible and portable. You can easily disconnect the Mini from one machine and attach it to any other, as long as one of the Matrox interface cards are installed in it. This means that you can use it with multiple machines, in different locations, in the field or in the studio. Just add an affordable adapter card (available for just $99.00 each) to any machine. It’s that easy and inexpensive!

What NLE software does MXO2 Mini Support?
On the Mac, the MXO2 Mini supports Apple Final Cut Pro 6 or 7 and all of the apps found in the latest Final Cut Studio 3 bundle as well as the previous FCS2. On the PC, MXO2 Mini supports Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 and the Adobe CS4 Production Premium.

Click here for the full MXO2 Mini FAQ Videoguys Blog - Matrox MXO2 Mini - Great Things DO Come in Small Packages!

Gary

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions