I hate spiders at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old November 1st, 2009, 11:44 PM   #1
Trustee

I hate spiders

I never liked them but I hate em now!

I must have moved through a web outside and I've only noticed when I checked the footage

it's just a short sequence but you can clearly see the 2 spots toward the end.

I think there's at least 15 minutes of footage after this in various locations and evening & bridal gowns - I didn't notice it on the steadicam monitor.

I have a feeling this is going to be a pain, but I'm not sure of the best way to eliminate or at least minimise the damage. It's a promo for a bridal gown maker shot at a local resort.

any suggestions??
Old November 2nd, 2009, 05:34 AM   #2
Major Player

It could have been worse - it might have been a Black widow.
Alan Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2009, 11:25 AM   #3
Trustee

If you can crop the offending area in your NLE, that's one way.

More laborious: if you have access to Photoshop Extended, you can import the clip (make a sub-clip with just the problem frames, my copy will only import 500 frames max, ymmv). Each frame becomes a separate layer in Photoshop, and you can (long, tedious thing) rotoscope each frame with the clone or healing tools to eliminate the problem, then export as a video clip.

Probably not what you want to hear. Someone may know of an easier fix in After Effects, I'm not up to speed on AE but suspect there's masking or something that could be applied. HTH / Battle Vaughan
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2009, 02:58 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Most people try put their videos on the web, and you managed to do the opposite? :-)

Anyway, the video's not visible now.

If the offending defects are lines, it might be possible to fix them with After Effects, using the same tools used to remove wires from special effects shots. The wire removal tool that comes with AE isn't very sophisticated. There are other plug-ins but they're not cheap.

If the defects are stationary within the frame then tracing the defects and having AE remove them can be relatively simple.

But if your camera's image stabilizer was on, then trying to track the defects and remove them could be painful.
Old November 11th, 2009, 05:11 PM   #5
Trustee

I'm working on learning AE, here's some information you might find interesting...I had an inkling it could be done....http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AfterEff...597-7c7fa.html /Battle Vaughan
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions