TV Output at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old December 2nd, 2009, 04:56 AM   #1
Regular Crew

TV Output

Hi,

I have been using Canopus and Premiere 1.5 for my video editing but since the high definition I had to buy a new computer and using Premiere CS4.

My problem is that now since my Canopus card is not compatibale with Premirer Pro 4 I do not have a TV output any more, before I use the get the TV output from my Canpous card to my TV so I could see my work live while edditng.

How can I do it now without buying another third party video editing card?
Waht is the cheapest and easiest solution please?

Many thanks in advance
Mitchell
Mitchell Yazdani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2009, 05:22 AM   #2
Trustee

Mitchell,

Use firewire out to your camera or deck and use analog out from the camera to the TV.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2009, 06:45 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Harm,

Thank you for your reply, this is okay to use once t otwice but not for me as I am editing full time, it will be very hard for me to have my camera connected constantly.

I am looking for a cheaper solutions.
Regards
Mitchell
Old December 2nd, 2009, 07:46 AM   #4
Trustee

It doesn't come any cheaper than this. You have the firewire cable, you have the camera and you have the TV. No investments.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2009, 05:19 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Thank you for your idea, but it is not possible for me to have my camera connected to my computer 10 hours a day, so I need another alternative.

Perhaps soem sort of card.
Any idea please, what is every one else doing without a third party catputre card?
Thanks
Mitchell

Last edited by Mitchell Yazdani; December 4th, 2009 at 06:43 AM.
Old December 9th, 2009, 05:26 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harm Millaard View Post
Mitchell,

Use firewire out to your camera or deck and use analog out from the camera to the TV.
Hi,

Thank you for your answer, I did try that, I connected the camera t othe computer and from analog to my TV, but I get blck screen on the TV! How do I set up the Premiere CS4 to output to my camera?

Thanks

Mitchell
Old December 9th, 2009, 08:37 AM   #7
Major Player

I am not sure if I understood correctly, but if you want to work your preview window in an external TV set, then Premiere supports that natively and without extra hardware. What is needed is a connetion through graphic card's secondary DVI or VGA or HDMI output to the TV, let the system drivers know that you have two monitors in extended desktop mode, and then go to Premiere. Create a new project, go to custom settings/Playback settings and select your secondary monitor (that means the TV). From now on (in this project only) you will have preview in your TV. Note that you can't alter those project settings once you have created it (don't ask me why :) ). You have to do it when creating the project, or you can insert an existing project into a new project with the correct settings. That is what I do, no extra equipment needed, and it works fine with both ATI and Nvidia cards. I haven't tried yet with a CRT TV through s-video, but I've heard that it works all the same.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions