Roxio DVDit Pro HD question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old March 3rd, 2010, 04:56 PM   #1
New Boot

Roxio DVDit Pro HD question

Please forgive me if I am putting this in the wrong area. I am new here and this is my first post. I need some help.

I'm using Roxio DVDit Pro HD. (just got it) I cannot burn a blu ray that will play in my Sony BDP-S350. I have spent all day trying. When I put the disc in, it seems to be initializing but immediately the "pause" indicator is displayed beside the "play" indicator on the BR player display.

Same files used in Encore and blu ray disc plays in the Sony BDP-S350. It's just that Encore is so much more trouble to use. DVDit has an easier work flow to me.

The Blu ray discs that won't play in the Sony WILL play with Cyberlink Power DVD in my PC. I updated the firmware in the Sony today.

What am I doing wrong?!

I am starting with original footage shot with an XH-A1, captured with HDVsplit, edited with PPro CS4, and exported as elementary streams 1440X1080 MPEG-Blu Ray preset, high quality 29.97, NTSC, max render.

1 menu, 4 chapters, 12 minute clip

Profile is high
AC3 @ 384
CBR @ 25000
M frames @ 3
N frames @ 18 (NTSC) (tried 12 & 15 N Frames too)

as for MP@HL, in PPro it says "Profile: High". I think that is MP@HL

I've tried burning directly to the disc and burning an image that I then burn to the disc. Same results both ways.

Tried different blank media too.

Tried several different clips exported from PPro in all manner of configuration.

I'm about at the end of my rope feeling like buying this software was a mistake.

Help if you can. I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks.

Jay
Jay Jelliff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions