HDV-playout? / HDV to DV SD-conversion? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old September 12th, 2005, 10:26 AM   #1
New Boot

HDV-playout? / HDV to DV SD-conversion?

Hello!

I have 2 playout- and a conversion-questions here, and hope to find some help:
(info: I work with Premiere pro 1.5.1 and Cineform Aspect HD. The Camera is the Sony HVR-Z1E)

1) I have a HDV-project (1080i), which I would like to play out onto the camera. The project has some enlarged SD (720i) files, many speed-ups, enlargements and transitions, etc in it. To play it out onto the tape, Adobe Premiere 1.5.1 renders automatically (to m2v). The problem is, that this rendering cannot handle many of the effects, and so many parts look really bad. (It only works well, if I playout the hardcut, effect-free HDV-project..)What could be the problem?
(These problems do not happen when f.ex. rendered from HDV to DVavi or Quicktime)

2) For many other uses (TV and DVD) the HDV-format needs to be downconverted to SD (720i). If I do this with the Adobe Media Encoder, artifacts and flickering appears.
Is there a possibility, to record DV SD directly from the Adobe HDV-project?
(maybe a direct analog composite output to a recorder which records DVcam oder Beta?)

It seems, nobody has enough experience here in Switzerland with all this yet. I hope, I can get some international help soon - thank you!!

Alec
Alec Wohlgroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2005, 11:59 AM   #2
Wrangler

Just curious as to why you're going to 720i instead of 576?. How are you putting 720i on a DVD?

The Z1 can convert your 1080i HDV tapes to 576i internally and it does a nice job. Just set i.Link downconvert in the menu and you can avoid all those software issues (if 576i is adequate for your needs)....
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2005, 02:24 AM   #3
New Boot

Hello Boyd!

Yes, you are right, I mean 576, not 720. Naturally I'm working with normal 720x576 for TV or DVD etc...

About the downconverting:
yes, the Sony can only do this job, if it has the HDV-material on the tape and then plays it out again SD onto the computer. But that's step 2.
But as I explained, 'step 1' does not work: I cannot play HDV out onto a tape, because it's a movie with rendered sequences and there are effects, that do not render well, when played out as m2v... (Otherwise, a playout of simple, raw images technically works well. I have done this with roughcuts for example, where there are no rendered files in it.)

Thank you and others for some ideas!
Alec
Alec Wohlgroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2005, 06:55 AM   #4
Major Player

Check out AspectHD and how to write HDV projects back to your camcorder using it's HDlink utility.
Steve Crisdale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions