Now we have a whole bunch of Cameras at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old September 26th, 2005, 08:28 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Now we have a whole bunch of Cameras

I recently got very excited to hear of Canon new XL H1 camera, and as the release was right around my next shoot I thought great!!!! Just in time. So I posted my GL2 and Xl1s to be sold...

But the more I thought, I realized it is one thing to get these nice HD images, bu how the heck am I going to deliver my episodes to the network, on time and in a format they can use.

Even by using a camera as deck, what does my Avid need to edit HDV? Mojo? Will the new version be out in time, will that specific format work? And finally, will my Avid be buggy when it does except Canon HDV at 24fps?

After weighing all these issues, and deciding that my first deadline superseeds my ability to sell to the HD market 6 years from now, I have decided to let others venture there first, and when all the problems are sorted, I should be heading into the bush for season 2 with my nice new XL H1 or P2 by my side.

Till then my Xl1s is off the market, and will be making a couple of more exotic trips before someone else owns it.

If any one has stories of success in producing HDV shows for broadcast on limited budgets, let me know!!! Specifically if it relates to Avid.

Michael
Old September 29th, 2005, 01:06 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Even by using a camera as deck, what does my Avid need to edit HDV?
Xpress Pro HD 5.2, and probably a fast system with plenty of RAM.

Quote:
Will the new version be out in time, will that specific format work?
It's out today :).
Mark Grant is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions