DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   High Definition Video Editing Solutions (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/high-definition-video-editing-solutions/)
-   -   Workflow questions about output to PAL (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/high-definition-video-editing-solutions/55584-workflow-questions-about-output-pal.html)

Cleveland Brown December 5th, 2005 07:55 PM

Workflow questions about output to PAL

Gentlemen, I need to make a presentation in Russian which will basically consist of a Powerpoint presentation and a voice over. I imagine that since this is for something to be marketed in Russia, it will need to be output as PAL. Not haveing worked in PAL I of course have a few questions.

I assume that when I create the initial project, I will have to chose PAL in FCP, output as PAL and Import the audio as PAL as well. I have Powerpoint for MAC so converting that into a MAC format is taken care of. For my audio, I can either record it into my camera and capture into FCP from there or record directly into soundtrack. Can someone give me a breakdown of my workflow for this project?

Lastly, If I want to get 100 copies in PAL pressed, packaged and lebeled, where sould I get it done and how much should it cost?

Steve Crisdale December 6th, 2005 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cleveland Brown
Gentlemen, I need to make a presentation in Russian which will basically consist of a Powerpoint presentation and a voice over. I imagine that since this is for something to be marketed in Russia, it will need to be output as PAL. Not haveing worked in PAL I of course have a few questions.

I assume that when I create the initial project, I will have to chose PAL in FCP, output as PAL and Import the audio as PAL as well. I have Powerpoint for MAC so converting that into a MAC format is taken care of. For my audio, I can either record it into my camera and capture into FCP from there or record directly into soundtrack. Can someone give me a breakdown of my workflow for this project?

Lastly, If I want to get 100 copies in PAL pressed, packaged and lebeled, where sould I get it done and how much should it cost?

Ah... Your project is a HD one?

The comment about "100 copies" is indicating DVD's?

See... you can't just write HD onto a DVD for commercial type application. Not without down-conversion for Standard DVD comatibility, or writing to a HD format that is supported by the new Network Media Players - like the Buffalo, the Zensonic Z500, Avel Linkplayer 2 or the X-Box 360.

PAL has no effect on your audio format... it's more of a colour space, frame rate and size specification thing. Mind you going from 30fps to 25fps can cause synch problems through the dropping of frames if your NLE isn't all that 'professional'...

FCP should work fine for what you intend (in the way you outlined) - but to be certain, why not put your query in the FCP forum, where I'm sure it'll get more responses than it may get here.

As I don't live in the United States, I can't help you on replication services, but if you maybe look up 'Disk Replication Services' in your local Yellow Pages, you might just hit the jackpot!

Enjoy