HDV from final cut to avid at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old February 14th, 2006, 08:22 AM   #1
Tourist

HDV from final cut to avid

Problem: I have captured and nicely organized 25 hours of HDV footage for a doc, all in FCP 5. Now, typically with SD, i can share those quicktimes with my AVID editing partner, and all is fine. However, it seems that there is no way for HDV Quicktimes to play on a PC. Does anyone know of a solution for this?

I have captured more than 100 hours of DVCPro HD footage and swapped it around many different editing systems with Quicktime, but HDV seems to be a headache (but we knew that already).
Chad Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2006, 09:01 AM   #2

All an HDV quicktime is, is an m2t with a quicktime wrapper. I play them fine on my PC. Do you have the latest quicktime on the machine that won't play?
Keep in mind, avid doesn't use the m2t, it wants to convert them.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2006, 12:56 PM   #3
Tourist

Quicktime 7 Pro. I will check which .x quicktime. Do you have any 3rd party codecs installed that might help with that?
Chad Taylor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions