Mac Mini for Video Editing at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old February 25th, 2006, 03:58 AM   #1
New Boot

Mac Mini for Video Editing

Has anyone here heard of anyone using the Mac Mini for importing and editing video? I'm pretty much a strickly PC kinda guy but I've always heard that Macs are just better when it comes to editing video. I dont really want to spend the money on a powerbook and the Mac Mini is more in my price range. Is a Mac Mini G4/1.42GHZ 512MB/80GB going to do the job? If it is I think I'm willing to give this Mac a try.
Matthew Elaschuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2006, 07:13 AM   #2
Major Player

Wait a couple of weeks. There are a number of rumors that Apple is going to announce the first intel-based minis next week, so the whole mini line may look very different.

See: http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1553
Peter Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2006, 07:17 AM   #3
Major Player

See this thread for more info about which mac to get for editing, there is some links talk about using the mac mini. http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=51730
Old February 28th, 2006, 01:41 PM   #4
New Boot

This question suddenly gets more relevant with today's announcement of the new Mini's. It sure seems to me that even editing HD should go smoothly on these new machines.
Jeff Putz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2006, 02:37 PM   #5
Trustee

The old mini's no, the new ones....maybe ;)

I *was* a PC guy who bought a Mac Mini first. While I could, at a pinch, edit DV, it was not that pleasant. With the new dual core Intel Mini's purported to be running 2-3 or more times as fast as the old ones, it just might be a go.

I now own a Powermac G5 and I am purely a mac guy now - my PC is going up for sale soon.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions