DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   High Definition Video Editing Solutions (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/high-definition-video-editing-solutions/)
-   -   HDR-HC1 Playback/Edit Question (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/high-definition-video-editing-solutions/66360-hdr-hc1-playback-edit-question.html)

Jan Jubin May 1st, 2006 07:01 AM

HDR-HC1 Playback/Edit Question

I am new to the board, in fact, this is my first post. I have a very basic question (I've searched previous posts but could not find an answer).

I am trying to determine what software (by name) do I need to be able to view and edit HDR-HC1 footage via the ILink cable on my computer (HP).

I have tried plugging the cable into the camera then to the 1394 port, but nothing happens. The computer recognizes that a plug in is there, but neither MS Media Player nor real Player will play the video.

. . . . my playback/edit doesn't necessarily have to be in HD (since my HP may not be strong enough to handle it.

Any help/advice is GREATELY appreciated.

Fredrik-Larsson May 1st, 2006 04:20 PM

Enter the menu-system and look for the setting "i.LINK CONV". For outputting DV-signal this should be set to ON.

You need a software to capture the data from the camera. Windows Movie Maker is available free on Windows XP. Otherwise you have to buy one. There is Adobe Premiere, Sony Vegas and many many others.

If you want to work with HDV you need a fairly powerful computer.

Miguel Lombana May 1st, 2006 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredrik-Larsson
Enter the menu-system and look for the setting "i.LINK CONV". For outputting DV-signal this should be set to ON.

You need a software to capture the data from the camera. Windows Movie Maker is available free on Windows XP. Otherwise you have to buy one. There is Adobe Premiere, Sony Vegas and many many others.

If you want to work with HDV you need a fairly powerful computer.

Also Nero has a suite that will do firewire capture, I use it to capture TV from my JVC dubbing deck from time to time. There is actually quite a bit of software that you can use.

Jan Jubin May 2nd, 2006 12:14 PM

F/U Question

Quote:

Thanks for the information. I've gone through the menu items, but have not found the "i.LINK CONV" setting. Can you tell me where it is/how to get there?

Fredrik-Larsson May 2nd, 2006 02:37 PM

You must first enter the regular menu and then press the menu button. Then you will have to scroll down/up until you find the one called ilink conv.

Ray Boltz May 2nd, 2006 02:39 PM

Do you have your instruction book? If so, just look it up in the index. The touch screen can be a bit confusing, if it's the first time you have used one. Good luck and enjoy the camera.

Ray Boltz May 2nd, 2006 03:42 PM

Fredrik, thanks for explaining above to him on how to access the menu....I was typing my message, and didn't see yours, Ray

Jan Jubin May 2nd, 2006 04:22 PM

Thanks for your help . . . and patients!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Boltz
Do you have your instruction book?

Yes, but I did not find it helpful. I ultimately found the iLINK after trial and error with the camera . . .

Quote:

The touch screen can be a bit confusing
Yep!

So, I've connected the iLINK to the computer, and opened Windows Move Maker, but the camera gives me this message: "No output image in "VCR HDV/DV" Change format. [The format is currently set to "DV;" and it was set when there was no iLINK attached to the camera.] Also, the Windows Movie Maker is giving me this error message: "The video was not captured correctly. Verify that your video camera and capture device are configured properly."

What now?

Fredrik-Larsson May 3rd, 2006 02:37 AM

Hmm.. I am not sure but I think that you have set the tape to record/handle DV and the iLink.Conv to downconvert from HDV to DV. You should try to locate the menu where you set the tape. I don't know what it's called but I think there is Auto/DV/HDV options there. If you set it to Auto or HDV you should be able to solve it.

Jan Jubin May 3rd, 2006 11:21 AM

Problem solved!

Quote:

locate the menu where you set the tape
there is Auto/DV/HDV options there
set it to Auto or HDV

That did it! Thanks Fredrik.

Fredrik-Larsson May 3rd, 2006 11:23 AM

he he... I remembered that I had the same problems once... :)