|June 2nd, 2006, 12:52 PM||#1|
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Workflow for HVX 200
I have just bought my HVX 200, brought it home today as a matter of fact.
I've been lurking this forum for months and learned so much from all of you.
A Heartfelt Thanks to everyone
I am going to be ordering my NLE system this week (I have a great guy building it for me).
here's what were going to try:
Pana HVX 200
2 x 8 Gig
FW /PCMCIA /USB2
Tyan Thunder K8WE S2895 SSI 2XS940 DDR Reg 2PCI-E16 3PCI-X U320
2 x AMD 2.6GHZ, Opteron 252 Server Processor for Dual Processor Systems
1MB L1 cache, 90NM
4 x OCZ Server Series PC3200 1GB ECC Registered Memory CL3-3-3-8
184PIN DIMM Low Profile Memory
System Drive/ Western Digital Raptor 150GB SATA 10KRPM 16MB NCQ 5YRMFR Warranty
NV Raid V2.0
Highpoint Rocketraid 2310 4 Channel SATA2 RAID 0/1/5/10/JBOD PCI-E4X Controller Card
3x Western Digital Caviar SE16 250GB SATA2 7200RPM 16MB 8.9MS Hard Drive 3 Year MFR Warranty-
NVIDIA Quadro FX by PNY FX 540 Professional Video PCI-E 128MB DVI VGA Component HD Out Video Card-
Samsung SH-W162C 16X DVD+-RW 5X Dual Layer DVD Write
D-LINK DGS-1005D 5 PORT GIGABIT SWITCH & DGE-530T NETWORK CARD BUNDLE
Antec Titan 550 ATX Server Case 4X5.25 6X3.5INT Truepower 2.0 ATX12V V2. 0EPS12V 550W W/ 120MM Fan
23" Apple Cinema Display
Adobe After Effects 7
I would very much appreciate any feedback regarding this system.
I hope I can be a useful contributor in the future.
Sunshine Coast, Canada
Third Eye Motion Graphics
|June 9th, 2006, 11:40 PM||#2|
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bay Area, CA
Just a few things -
- What's your budget?!
- Why are you getting the SCSI version of the M/B?
- AMD 252's are not dual core; for the speed you typed, 2.6ghz, an AMD dual core at that speed is model #285.
- SATA 10k Raptor for your system drive? May be a bit of an overkill here. I take it you don't like to wait for your system to boot!!
- (3) SATA II 250gb drives, you may want to look into the new Seagate Barracuda's SATA II 750gb drives.
- Controller card; you may not need this.
- Graphics card; 540 is ok...but I think the Quadro FX 1500 would be a better buy especially for AE work.
- Network card? The Tyan already has GbE ports.
- A 600watt power supply might be a safer bet; make sure it's truly compatible for the m/b and all the components. Definitely provide optimal cooling whether you choose air or liquid.
- 23" Apple Cinema Display is cool looking no doubt, but try looking into the Dell 24" f/p...especially if it's on sale.
- Edius Broadcast, from what I've been reading about it, is a pretty nifty NLE, but I think it may only edit in 8 bit...whereas Adobe Premiere w/Prospect HD can edit in 10bit. Also, since you mentioned that you'll be using AE7, you may want to consider getting the Adobe (Premium) Production Studio...so that you can have not only Premiere and AE, but Audition, Encore, Photoshop and Illustrator; along with the Dynamic Link and Adobe Bridge which intergrates all the apps very tightly together.
Overall, you made a great choice going with a DP/DC Opteron config. for your HVX!! Enjoy it and hope to see some of your work on these forums someday.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|