Avid, Premiere or Vegas? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old July 10th, 2006, 07:53 AM   #1
New Boot

Avid, Premiere or Vegas?

Hi,

This is probably a bit of a philosophical question since everyone likes different programs! Just wondering since I just got a sony Z1! Which software offers the best picture quality? Working with DV I found capturing and redering with Avid to be superior to both premiere and after effects (haven't tried vegas)! Lots of footage used to get weird squares when rendering with adobe! However that never occured using Avid! On the other hand I find it easier to use plugins such as Magic Bullet and cinelook in adobe software! Since I want some sort of controllable deinterlacing function I think I'll have to go with premiere after all. Otherwise I'll have to import/export the clips a lot which I assume reduces the quality. Anyway, to reformulate the question; which software offers the best picture quality?

Cheers
Andreas Blidell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2006, 08:45 AM   #2
Major Player

I have PP2 with aspect HD and I really like it. Fast, clean and easy to use. Aspect HD really picks up the pace for the computer also. Plus it does 24P, but using the Sony that's not a concern for you. I have also just swithced from the Z1U to the JVC HD100 and I'm quite pleased so far. I loved the Z1 and only switched becuase of a change in jobs. It's nice when you come in and they ask what you want and go get it for you.
Jerry Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2006, 09:09 AM   #3
New Boot

Jepp, nothing beats that feeling! I'm glad that you switched from JVC. I was in the store for hours trying to decide which one to choose and finally got the Z1. I wasn't sure if I picked the right one but now that some's actually switched and like the Z1 I feel calm! :)
Andreas Blidell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions