|September 25th, 2006, 01:25 PM||#1|
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Need help selecting best AGP video card
I want to keep my current workstation alive for another year before I build a new system and I need a reccomendation for an AGP graphics card. My motherboard is an Asus P4S800D-E Deluxe running a P4 3.4 Prescott socket 478 with AGP and a Raid 0 10K RPM drive array. Currently on a FX5200 GPU. 700+ watt PS. 24" monitor @ 1920X1200.
I need the best available card for the following applications:
1. Typical word processing/spreadsheets, light AutoCAD use.
2. High resolution photo editing, CS2 and GIS applications.
3. HDV video editing and review using Sony Vegas.
4. Hopefully HDCP compatibility (for future BluRay playback)
5. Viewing my HD videos on the monitor.
HDTV component output would be nice but it does not appear available on the current top end cards. I am not a gamer, but I do want maximum AGP performance available.
It seems HDTV output cards are Nvdia 7600GS & GT and the ATI X1600Pro.
It seems the Nvidia 7800GS, the current best, dosen't support HDCP & HDTV output via component cables.
Panasonic HMC150/Canon A1/JVC HD1/Sony Vegas 8.0c
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|