how do I do it???????? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old October 23rd, 2006, 02:56 PM   #1
Regular Crew

how do I do it????????

I am a pretty good editor and a friend of mine who is the director for a full feature has convinced the producer to hire me as the editor. So far great BUT first of all this is a feature so other than getting a hange of how the cliper and time codes and everthing is assembled do I need to learn anything else?
2 cameras and it will be edited daily.....

that is the least of the problems. everthing is shot on Panasonic DVPRO HD. in order to get it to final cut and get editing what will I need?
I understand that I will need some kinda black magic or something card to view it on the monitor. is the work flow same as DV as far as editing?
what kind of down conversion will I need to get to edit?
once evertying is over how will I export this so they can give it to the theater for playing it?
is my dual 2.7 with 2.5 gig ram and 4 ter of space sufficient?
17 days of shooting roughly about 1 hour of footage daily.
what set backs am I dealing with.
migrating from DV and documentary to this is going to be huge but I am hoping that you guy could at least start me up.
thanx a lot
Dan Farzad is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions