Need Help To Hdv. Capture, Edit at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old November 15th, 2006, 04:18 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Need Help To Hdv. Capture, Edit

I have Sony HC1 Premiere Pro 2.0 laptop duo core T2300 (1.66).
Thinking to buy a portabke HDD firewire 800.

Can i do HDV editing on this computer? I tried Aspect DH in PPro 2,0. Not very good.
I have used HDlink (Ascpect HD) to capture. 26 sec file is 362mb. If i Put this in Ppro2.0 Cineform Aspect HD 1440x1080 25p Ok to work in.
Tried then HDVsplit 0,75 and then get a small file m2t. 26 sec is 85mb. Put this into a project HDV 1080i 25 (sony 50i). Worked fine.

When import the m2t file to project aspect hd 1440x1080i 25p i have to render. I got 388mb file and this worked greate too.

So what do I do? If i use HDV split, got a m2t file and put it into HDV 1080i 25 (sony 50i). Is this good as Cineform Aspect HD 1440x1080 25p avi file?

What is the different between m2t and the Aspect HD avi file?

The last: Who to get this file into Adobe Encore 2.0 and make a DVD 4,7GB?
Arve Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2006, 04:49 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Arve:

The difference between the .m2t file and the Cineform file is the frame characteristics. In the Cineform file (an avi file), each frame of video stands on its own. In the .m2t, interpolation within group of 15 frames (as I understand it) is what goes on during the playback process. That makes editing and playback of .m2t files much more processor intensive. It also makes the editing more prone to problems in color correction.

Premiere Pro 2.0 and Vegas 7 are doing pretty decent job of handling the issues in editing in .m2t (native) formats. But for maximum results, many pros will use the Cineform intermediate editing process.

Currently, you will not be able to burn HDV as HDV to a DVD disk, and expect it to play on a regular DVD player. I generally will take the HDV, and encode it to a full DV avi file, and then to the DVD, others will go with a direct encode.
Old November 16th, 2006, 03:29 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks alot for good answer.

So .m2t is easy to edit in Ppro2.0, but not easy to export to tape? Can I do something to do this easy?

Aspect avi file are 3 times bigger than .m2t, but also ok to edit in Ppro2,0. And easy to export to tape. But the price for Aspect HD is high.

DVD:
Can Ppro2,0 encode HDV to DV avi or is another program better? What codec shall i use?
Then I can take this avi file into Encore DVD 2,0 as I used before in DV.
Arve Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2006, 12:13 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Arve,

I think you need to understand what compression is and how it applies to HD. Here's the link to an excellent white paper on the Adobe website: http://www.adobe.com/products/dvcoll...rimer_0306.pdf - read it and you will find answers to most of your questions. For more information on the different ways HD can be converted to SD DVD, search this forum.

As far as editing on your laptop, it really depends on how much RAM you have. Theoretically any computer running XP can edit HD, but practically you need a lot of computing power. I tried editing HD on my old Vaio laptop (P4 @ 2.4 GHz single processor with 512 MB RAM) and it works, but just to give you an idea about HOW it works: it took me 30 minutes to export a 10 second HD clip to uncompressed AVI...

Go figure...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions