HDV capture premier pro 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old November 27th, 2006, 12:19 PM   #1
New Boot

HDV capture premier pro 2

Hi everyone

My question is can I import HDV footage (shot on Sony HVR A1U) into My system and offline from the hard copy on the drive. My reason being that I do not want to scrub thru the Master tapes anymore than neccessary

anyone sported this out or got any ideas
Thanks
Chris
Chris Macneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2006, 12:43 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Not getting Question.

Not sure what you are asking, and this answer may be the obvious, but can you capture a tape to a hard drive ? Yes, by Firewire just like DV by the Premiere Pro 2.0 capture utility. Just open an Adobe HDV project, select capture, and system should recognize the HDV camera.

If your system not up to HDV editing, then, capture in SD by camera conversion...
Old November 29th, 2006, 06:11 AM   #3
New Boot

offline/online

Thanks Chris

It seems that premiere Pro 2 does not capture native from my camera, it is 1440 x 1080i hopefully I can work it out and manage without purchasing Cineform HD Plugin any comments ?
The part of the question I wanted to know is if I manage to import say a 1 hour tape in its entireity can I then go through marking In and out points and logging (offlining) it and deleting the footage I dont need to use.(whilst still accessing the use of log comments etc that can transfer to after effects and be used as an EDL) This would mean I would only pass my masters once and not have to stop start and scrub back and forward over the tapes,
thanks
Chris
Chris
Chris Macneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2006, 07:10 AM   #4
Inner Circle

When I first connected my Z1U to my desktop, it came up with some error message. Did some Google-ing and got a little plugin either from Sony or from Adobe, don't recall... but that was on PPRO 1.5 on a computer with XP and no service packs at all. My laptop running 2.0 recognized the camera right away (XP home up to date).

PPRO will not read your HD tape time code though... it will capture the whole tape as one video file. The work around is using HDV Split, a smart free utility (http://strony.aster.pl/paviko/hdvsplit.htm).

For editing without using the original HD file you can use the proxy editing in PPRO 2.0. I have not used it yet myself, but read about it - check this out:

HD Proxy editing
Save disk space and boost rendering speed with full-featured editing of low-bandwidth files. With proxy editing, progress on your high-resolution projects can continue even when you are working away from high-end, video-optimized machines. Low-bandwidth proxy files allow HD and SD projects to be edited on laptops and other general-purpose machines, giving full real-time features and performance without overwhelming the hard drive or the CPU. A proxy file may be used whether the master clip is online or offl ine, allowing for a choice in scaling the workfl ow and system performance while you edit. When the master clip is offl ine, you can later re-link the master to the proxy or recaptured at full resolution.
(http://www.studiodaily.com/main/mini...ers/5938.html).

Good luck,

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions