Best media player for CF Aspect HD .avi files at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old February 21st, 2007, 09:17 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Best media player for CF Aspect HD .avi files

Hello,

I'm new to these CF Aspect HD uncompressed files so I could be doing any number of things wrong.

However my uncompressed .avi files are not playing nicely in any of my media players. (They play fine in the PP timeline...no lag) But, in any media player, I get lots of lag, slow motion, and the audio track is not playing in sync. However, my usual PP v2.0 progressive 720p 60 fps, uncompressed .avi files are fine to view in most of my media players.

I'm using PP v2.0, Aspect HD, and a JVC- GY HD100 camera.
Intel P4 3.2 ghz, 2 gigs o ram, Windows XP (all updated.)
Radeon X850 xt pe graphics.(updated drivers)

Any Advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Michael Steeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2007, 02:15 PM   #2
Inner Circle

I'm using Media Player Classic.
Old February 21st, 2007, 03:17 PM   #3
Trustee

Another post suggested downloading this file in order to see a lower resolution, but smooth version, of the clip.

http://www.cineform.com/downloads/PlaybackControls.zip
Old February 22nd, 2007, 07:47 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Gotz
Another post suggested downloading this file in order to see a lower resolution, but smooth version, of the clip.

http://www.cineform.com/downloads/PlaybackControls.zip

Thanks Steven,
I can probably figure out where to put those files, or what to do with them, but I'm not near my editing computer at the moment, so I'll just politely ask you what to do with them.

Oh and Ervin,
Where should I look to find Media Player Classic? Which version of Windows Media player is that? (Version Number...)

Thanks a lot.

Also, last night, I rendered an hour long project, just to test if my Windows Media player would play it without lag, or stutter. The file was 28 gigabytes in size once it was fully rendered, CF HD AVI 720p 60 fps movie file, and it played pretty much flawlessly. No problems.

So, it's just the raw, captured video files that I'm having a problem with... I wonder if this is normal? I will try these two suggestions tonight when I go home from my horrible day job.

Thanks.
Michael
Old February 23rd, 2007, 07:32 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Michael, Media Player Classic is available all over the internet, Google brings up quite a few download links. The latest version as of February 2007 is 6.4.9.0.

Oh, and it's NOT a Windows Media version! It just looks like an old WM Player, but it has tons of added features like MPEG2 decoder (plays DVDs, high definition video, etc).
Old February 23rd, 2007, 08:18 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervin Farkas
Michael, Media Player Classic is available all over the internet, Google brings up quite a few download links. The latest version as of February 2007 is 6.4.9.0.

Oh, and it's NOT a Windows Media version! It just looks like an old WM Player, but it has tons of added features like MPEG2 decoder (plays DVDs, high definition video, etc).

Thank Ervin,
I will check that out right away.
I'm glad you explained that it wasn't actually a windows product.
Thanks for that.
Michael
Old February 23rd, 2007, 05:02 PM   #7
Trustee

Michael,

The thread with the instructions is here (second post):

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=52264

But basically you unzip them both to somewhere where you can remember where you left them. You doubleclick on them and they get installed into the registry.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions