Help encoding hdv footage in Cleaner XL 1.5 for web delivery! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old March 16th, 2007, 12:41 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Help encoding hdv footage in Cleaner XL 1.5 for web delivery!

I need help encoding hdv footage in Cleaner XL1.5 for web delivery! I am a fairly experienced editor who upgraded to hdv recently, using Premiere Pro 1.5.1 and Aspect HD to edit my hdv footage filmed with a Sony FX-1 1080i camera. This footage will only be used online, so I normally deinterlace as I export an edited movie from Premiere Pro and end up with a big CF AVI file ready to encode into web ready formats for the end users. Now I import that into Cleaner XL 1.5 ( just like I used to import the edited DV AVI of standard def movies) with the intention of batch encoding the movie into three different formats as dictated by my customer- WMV, Real and Quicktime at both full frame size and half frame size (Six different outputs in total).

Now the wmv files turn out fine using the NTSC Progressive 16 x 9 template- (progressive because remember I already deinterlaced the footage, and of course these movies are 16x9 frame size) . But I can't get Cleaner XL to encode to Quicktime at all (it gives me an error #223 I believe ) and the Real files come out distorted as if they were in 4x3 aspect ratio. I believe that the 1.33 pixel aspect ratio in the CF AVI file is screwing up the encodes to Real and Qucktime in Cleanner XL 1.5. I was able to mess with the settings in Real to trick the program and get the final output to look okay as if it is widescreen, but the Quicktime files I can do nothing with to make Cleaner XL work.

I have hundreds of dollars invested in Cleaner XL which I liked up to this point so I do not really want to try a different batch encoder, nor do I want to switch to Mac, nor do I want to output from within Premiere half a dozen times separately nor any other solutions that require me to just give up and spend a lot of money doing this a completely different workflow. Can anyone help?
Jim Gunn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions