Steadymove 2d3 supports hdv Edit? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old May 19th, 2007, 03:47 PM   #1
Major Player

Steadymove 2d3 supports hdv Edit?

Hi
I'm in the middle of finishing a wedding gob in hdv with PPro2 and I'm wondering if makes sense to pay $500 for a image stabilization plug-in called steadymove to improve some of the stabilization in some of the scenes.

If this plug-in works well with hdv?
So far I try the demo and is not bad at all. but Demo doesn't let you work on hdv footage. I'm currently using cineform codecs on my jobs.
Please if somebody knows about this software performance and if works good with hdv and cineform inside PPro2 let me know please.
Jose Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2007, 10:23 AM   #2
Major Player

Works greats with hvd. But I noticed that is just fixing moves related with the bumpy effect when you walk or run with the handheld cam.

It's sad that you have to pay $500 bucks for this PPro plug-in when the Final Cut Studio is already including this feature.

But works I will give a 8.9 score Hehe!!
Jose Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2007, 07:48 PM   #3
Regular Crew

If you wanted to take the time to convert the shaky clips to an avi, or some format that virtualdub would handle, you could use the deshaker plugin for free.
Dylan Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2007, 11:01 PM   #4
Major Player

I think the last two versions of Premiere Pro I purchased included Steadymove on the program CD. It was the basic version, but it came with the program for free.
Lloyd Coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2007, 12:01 PM   #5
Major Player

I also got ProdStudioStandard/PPro2 and found 2d3 standard included which works reasonably well. The upgrade allowed the plugin to steady zoooming in or out so I skipped it.
Don Blish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2007, 12:01 PM   #6
Major Player

I tried basic SteadyMove plugin from Premiere with 720@25p footage yesterday, and the shake seemed even WORSE than before. Definitely not better. I am not sure that it works with HDV.
Jiri Fiala is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions