DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Home, Away From Home (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/home-away-home/)
-   -   What Do You Drive? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/home-away-home/108618-what-do-you-drive.html)

Perrone Ford December 11th, 2010 11:57 AM

Range Rover, Corvette.

Sometimes you need to get there with a lot of stuff. Sometimes you just need to be there quickly. :)

Shedrick Mask February 20th, 2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin Branam (Post 1444061)
Silver 2006 Pontiac GTO 6-speed. nothing like 400 horses to get me to the photo shoots!

Small world I use a GTO as well though mine is a 2004.

Ken Wozniak February 20th, 2011 07:50 PM

2001 Nissan Frontier 4x4 crew cab. Snow will not stop me from getting to a paying gig!

Mark Watson February 21st, 2011 06:31 AM

Re: What Do You Drive?

2000 Honda CR-V. Had a 1995, but it got totalled in an accident about a year ago, so I replaced it with another.

Mark Watson October 16th, 2018 12:50 AM

Old thread. My 2000 Honda CR-V didn't have AWD, and it was a little dicey going around the snow-covered mountain roads, so I traded it in for a 2007 model with AWD. A comfortable driver that can fit down most of the narrower roads. I always load it to the gills when going on a "serious" shoot. Here's a clip of my gear load-out for a drift car event. I only used a fraction of the gear. Usually I set up a camcorder on a tripod and leave it unmanned with a huge battery and memory card. I then tote a tripod-mounted camera and another camcorder to get the reverse angle(s). I can lock down the tripod camera to shoot wide and in normal speed, and use the other camera to shoot high frame rate video hand-held. Slow-mo being more forgiving of the jiggles. Anyhoot, it was one of my last drift shoots and now I've moved back stateside and hardly have time to pick up a camera. Glad I filled 48 hard drives while in Asia for 13 years.

Mark

Tony McGuire October 21st, 2018 10:36 AM

Well my own wheels is a 05 Opel Zafira (98-05 desgin). I like it alot as I can fit loads in to it. The zafira is a 1.6 and get good km/l. I know me and a friend have worked out that I am getting about 38 miles to the gallon (uk) thats is.

I also have use of a vw transporter van LWB and its a 2.5 as I also do sound and lighing for gigs. I have ever work its km/l out as it dose not bother me as it does not cost me in fuel.

I have been looking at a vw Transporter van that has a crew cab section and I liked it but the miles to the gallon has put me off for now.

Donald McPherson October 27th, 2018 07:16 AM

Just bought myself a 2005 Merc c180 Kompressor. And the ruddy heater will not heat. Just my luck this time of year.

Mark Watson October 28th, 2018 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donald McPherson (Post 1947554)
Just bought myself a 2005 Merc c180 Kompressor. And the ruddy heater will not heat. Just my luck this time of year.

Just set your camera on the passenger seat and turn on the seat warmer :).

I've used youtube videos to augment the shop manuals lately for three repairs I made, might want to do a google/youtube search for the heater problem in case someone posted about it.

Chris Hurd February 5th, 2019 05:06 AM

Sooooo... does *your* car end up on camera as much as Chas Papert's does?

Roger Gunkel February 6th, 2019 05:35 AM

2010 Jaguar XF 3.00Litre, which I love for it's estate style fold down seats and it's 40mpg average.
2003 Mercedes SLK230 Kompressor two seater, great for Summer with the top down and just enough room for cams.
VW T4 Autosleeper motorhome for overnight filming and holidays. LPG so very economical.

Roger

Lico Francisco April 1st, 2019 03:08 PM

For myself. Let see. Commute car a Honda Fit 2007 Salvage that i just paid 3500 for and fix up the engine and now a good running car. For Family long trip vehicle Honda Odyssey 2016 with only 12,000 miles only. Been driving that Honda Fit a lot for work. Honda Odyssey has a lot of space to put stuff in and the cargo area is decent. Sold Tacoma 06 and bought the Honda Odyssey in 2016.

Robert Lane May 15th, 2019 05:40 PM

'09 Jetta 2.5L. Probably going to dump it and get a Prius; something with a hatchback and great gas mileage.

Nate Haustein May 17th, 2019 07:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Can’t remember if I posted this before, but I bought an old police Tahoe SUV for a production vehicle. Great no-frills interior and everybody moves out of the left lane for us on the freeway! Took out 2/3 of the back seat and built a storage shelf for the back. We like it a lot, much more comfortable for long trips than the Transit van we had prior.

Unregistered Guest August 10th, 2019 01:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
2010 Civic Coupe. Bought it new and I hope to get at least another five years out of it.

Chris Hurd August 10th, 2019 01:23 PM

Looks nice, Ed, but how do you put gear in a coupe? The trunk?