Traveling to Turkey at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Home, Away From Home
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Home, Away From Home
Studio Space (Home) and Traveling Tips (Away From Home).

Old May 9th, 2008, 12:18 PM   #1
Tourist

Traveling to Turkey

I need some help!!
I will traveling to Turkey to teach children from 12 th grade down how to video record and edit their footage. I need to know the power requirements, how I should I charge, and how much I should charge.

I am new at entering Threads so if it takes me a while to answer it is because I am having trouble finding my way around this.

Thank you for your help.
Morris Myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2008, 09:33 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Turkey is a 220v/50Hz country, using the common european-style 2-pin plug. Most outlets I've seen there are the grounded style, where there is a recess for the plug body and a grounding lug that will be contacted by a grounding plug.

Here is the 2-pin, no ground adaptor:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ter_Plug_.html

And this is the grounding version, where the plug body fits into the jack:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ter_Plug_.html

Either of these will adapt a US plug. Many battery chargers will work there - check the info plate to see if it can be used with 220v/50Hz.

Turkey uses the PAL video system, which is mostly incompatible with US cameras, vcrs, dvd players and TV sets.
Seth Bloombaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2008, 09:55 PM   #3
Trustee

they have quite good film industry there. Lots of indie filmakers. Its a nice place, which part r u going to? Istanbul? Ankara?
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2008, 01:41 PM   #4
Tourist

Thank you Sean and Seth

Sean; At this point I don't have all the information, so I don't know what part I will be going to. I did not want to wait until the last minute to ask for help.
Seth; thank you for the voltage requirements to Turkey. I thought they were on the PAL system, but I thought this was a setting you could change in the camera, but when I think about it I don't remember seeing any settings in any of the equipment I use, so that was a heads up for me to realize I must purchase equipment that works with the PAL system.

Thank you both for your help!!
Morris Myers is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Home, Away From Home